Haskell popularity

Henk-Jan van Tuyl

L.S.,

Haskell scores quite high on GitHub and Stack Overflow, see:
   http://redmonk.com/sogrady/2015/07/01/language-rankings-6-15/

Regards,
Henk-Jan van Tuyl

--
Folding@home
us closer sooner. Watch the video.

http://Van.Tuyl.eu/
Haskell programming

Re: Haskell popularity

Magnus Therning

Henk-Jan van Tuyl writes:

> L.S.,
>
> Haskell scores quite high on GitHub and Stack Overflow, see:
>    http://redmonk.com/sogrady/2015/07/01/language-rankings-6-15/

Time to write a bug report then I suppose ;)

/M

--
Magnus Therning              OpenPGP: 0x927912051716CE39
email: [hidden email]   jabber: [hidden email]

Some operating systems are called 'user friendly', Linux however is
'expert friendly'.

Re: Haskell popularity

Stephen Tetley-2
I wouldn't lose any sleep over it if you put some figures back in.
Stack overflow tags as of this morning:

javascript x 1017064
java x 987353
haskell x 25719

I don't know where RedMonk pulled that plot from.

On 3 January 2016 at 01:29, Magnus Therning <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Time to write a bug report then I suppose ;)

Re: Haskell popularity

M Farkas-Dyck-2
On 03/01/2016, Stephen Tetley <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I wouldn't lose any sleep over it if you put some figures back in.
> Stack overflow tags as of this morning:
>
> javascript x 1017064
> java x 987353
> haskell x 25719
>
> I don't know where RedMonk pulled that plot from.

It says "popularity rank" so it may not be linear in number of tags.

Re: Haskell popularity

Will Yager
IIRC, it has something to do with number of stars, forks, etc. I bet 99.9% of JavaScript projects are someone's personal webpage project or "hello world". On the other hand, I suspect a relatively large portion of Haskell projects are noteworthy.

-Will