Haskell users on Chile

Ruben Astudillo
Hi all

I would like to see how many haskellers are living on Chile with hopes of
forming a user group. If you are in here, you should reply this thread and see
how many of us there are. You can also contact me to my mail.

--
Ruben Astudillo. pgp: 0x3C332311 , usala en lo posible :-)
Crear un haiku, en diecisiete silabas, es complica...

Re: Haskell users on Chile

Anupam Jain
Great idea! Though not a native Chilean, I lived in Chile (Santiago)
for the better part of a year in 2014-2015, where my favourite
activity was infiltrating JS meetups and evangelizing Haskell :)

It would be great to have a dedicated Haskell community there.

-- Anupam

On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 5:44 PM, Ruben Astudillo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I would like to see how many haskellers are living on Chile with hopes of
> forming a user group. If you are in here, you should reply this thread and
> see
> how many of us there are. You can also contact me to my mail.
>
> --
> Ruben Astudillo. pgp: 0x3C332311 , usala en lo posible :-)
> Crear un haiku, en diecisiete silabas, es complica...

Re: Haskell users on Chile

Roman Dzvinkovsky
Living in Viña del Mar, would love to participate.

Great idea! Though not a native Chilean, I lived in Chile (Santiago)
for the better part of a year in 2014-2015, where my favourite
activity was infiltrating JS meetups and evangelizing Haskell :)

It would be great to have a dedicated Haskell community there.

-- Anupam

On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 5:44 PM, Ruben Astudillo <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I would like to see how many haskellers are living on Chile with hopes of
> forming a user group. If you are in here, you should reply this thread and
> see
> how many of us there are. You can also contact me to my mail.
>
> --
> Ruben Astudillo. pgp: 0x3C332311 , usala en lo posible :-)
> Crear un haiku, en diecisiete silabas, es complica...

Re: Haskell users on Chile

Eric Tanter
I’m a CS professor at Universidad de Chile, doing research in PL, some of it in Haskell. I also use Haskell for part of my PL courses, so there might be some Haskellers that came out of these experiences.

Also, Ismael Figueroa (in cc) graduated from his PhD under my supervision last year. His PhD thesis was entirely around Haskell (monadic embedding of aspects, compositional reasoning about interference), and we’ve done some other stuff on Haskell too (effect capabilities). Ismael is now professor at Universidad Católica de Valparaíso.

-- Éric

On Jun 18, 2015, at 2:44 PM, Roman Dzvinkovsky <[hidden email]> wrote:

Living in Viña del Mar, would love to participate.

Great idea! Though not a native Chilean, I lived in Chile (Santiago)
for the better part of a year in 2014-2015, where my favourite
activity was infiltrating JS meetups and evangelizing Haskell :)

It would be great to have a dedicated Haskell community there.

-- Anupam

On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 5:44 PM, Ruben Astudillo <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I would like to see how many haskellers are living on Chile with hopes of
> forming a user group. If you are in here, you should reply this thread and
> see
> how many of us there are. You can also contact me to my mail.
>
> --
> Ruben Astudillo. pgp: 0x3C332311 , usala en lo posible :-)
> Crear un haiku, en diecisiete silabas, es complica...

Re: Haskell users on Chile

Anupam Jain
Also, I am a part of the Startup Chile community. I would be happy to promote this group on their mailing list.

On Friday, June 19, 2015, Ismael Figueroa <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

I definitely love the idea of having a chilean Haskell user group :-)
Even more so if it is in the V Region ;-)

--
Ismael

<mailto:[hidden email]>>:

    Great idea! Though not a native Chilean, I lived in Chile (Santiago)
    for the better part of a year in 2014-2015, where my favourite
    activity was infiltrating JS meetups and evangelizing Haskell :)

    It would be great to have a dedicated Haskell community there.

    -- Anupam

    On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 5:44 PM, Ruben Astudillo
    > Hi all
    >
    > I would like to see how many haskellers are living on Chile with
    hopes of
    > forming a user group. If you are in here, you should reply this
    thread and
    > see
    > how many of us there are. You can also contact me to my mail.
    >
    > --
    > Ruben Astudillo. pgp: 0x3C332311 , usala en lo posible :-)
    > Crear un haiku, en diecisiete silabas, es complica...

Ismael

--
Sent from my hyper-communicator

Re: Haskell users on Chile

Ruben Astudillo
On 24/06/15 16:18, Anupam Jain wrote:
> Sure I can do that. It would help if the group was already created though.
> Do you want any help setting up a mailing list or something?

I set-up a mailing list on google groups here:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/haskellchile
If you got problems or want to also be a maintainer send me a mail.

Also I should set up a channel on freenode, but that one ought to be easy.
#haskell-chile should do. For the time being we should reefer to people
interested to the mailing list.

On Thu, Jun 25, 2015 at 3:14 PM, Ruben Astudillo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 24/06/15 16:18, Anupam Jain wrote:
>>
>> Sure I can do that. It would help if the group was already created though.
>> Do you want any help setting up a mailing list or something?
>

> I set-up a mailing list on google groups here:
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/haskellchile
> If you got problems or want to also be a maintainer send me a mail.
>
> Also I should set up a channel on freenode, but that one ought to be easy.
> #haskell-chile should do. For the time being we should reefer to people
> interested to the mailing list.

Looks good! I have posted the link to the Startup Chile message board.

-- Anupam