Haskell wiki

Ronald Legere
Greetings,
      Does anyone know how to get an account to help contribute to the haskell wiki? Registration has been closed for the last 3 years and there is link to email anyone that I could find, hence this "Broadcast" message. There are dead links and such that I would love to help clean up.

Cheers!

--
Ron Legere ([hidden email])
legere et discere

Re: Haskell wiki

Henk-Jan van Tuyl
On Fri, 23 Jan 2015 16:47:54 +0100, Ronald Legere <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Greetings,
>       Does anyone know how to get an account to help contribute to the
> haskell wiki? Registration has been closed for the last 3 years and there
> is link to email anyone that I could find, hence this "Broadcast"
> message.
> There are dead links and such that I would love to help clean up.

I am glad you want to help! There used to be the following text on the
login page, but somehow it got lost:
----
NOTE: New wiki account creation is currently disabled. If you need an
account please email "nominolo" (at the email service from Google) or on
the haskell-cafe mailing list.

In the email state your preferred username for the wiki. (Use
Special:Listusers to check if the username is available). A wiki admin
will then create an account for you and a temporary password will then be
sent to your email address.

This is a temporary measure. We are looking into better solutions with a
shorter account creation delay.
----

So ask '"nominolo" (at the email service from Google)'; if you don't
receive an answer, I can do it for you.

Regards,
Henk-Jan van Tuyl

--
Folding@home
us closer sooner. Watch the video.

http://Van.Tuyl.eu/
Haskell programming

Re: Haskell wiki

Gershom Bazerman
I have re-enabled the message on the wiki. As the wiki wasn’t picking it up properly from system messages, I just hardcoded it in to the php for now.

As a special preview, note that will the main wiki is slow, https://wiki.haskell.org/Haskell is set up in the proper data center (the one that shares the database with it) and it is now almost working and quite fast. There is still some breakage (file uploads are misplaced, etc) and we are not _quite_ ready to transition. However, it is certainly ready for testing. Any issues that are discovered can be reported in the #haskell-infrastructure irc channel on freenode, or via email to [hidden email].

Furthermore, if anyone considers themselves a skilled (or at least experienced) mediawiki admin and wants to jump in to help with the technical side of the wiki, taking more responsibility as things go forward, please reach out to us via either of those lines of contact.

Cheers,
Gershom

On January 23, 2015 at 7:19:31 PM, Henk-Jan van Tuyl ([hidden email]) wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Jan 2015 16:47:54 +0100, Ronald Legere wrote:
>
> > Greetings,
> > Does anyone know how to get an account to help contribute to the
> > haskell wiki? Registration has been closed for the last 3 years and there
> > is link to email anyone that I could find, hence this "Broadcast"
> > message.
> > There are dead links and such that I would love to help clean up.
> >

> I am glad you want to help! There used to be the following text on the
> login page, but somehow it got lost:
> ----
> NOTE: New wiki account creation is currently disabled. If you need an
> account please email "nominolo" (at the email service from Google) or on
> the haskell-cafe mailing list.
>
> In the email state your preferred username for the wiki. (Use
> Special:Listusers to check if the username is available). A wiki admin
> will then create an account for you and a temporary password will then be
> sent to your email address.
>
> This is a temporary measure. We are looking into better solutions with a
> shorter account creation delay.
> ----
>
> So ask '"nominolo" (at the email service from Google)'; if you don't
> receive an answer, I can do it for you.
>
> Regards,
> Henk-Jan van Tuyl
>

> --
> Folding@home
> What if you could share your unused computer power to help find a cure? In
> just 5 minutes you can join the world's biggest networked computer and get
> us closer sooner. Watch the video.
> http://folding.stanford.edu/
>

> http://Van.Tuyl.eu/
> http://members.chello.nl/hjgtuyl/tourdemonad.html
> Haskell programming

Re: Haskell wiki

Thomas Schilling-2
BTW, I would really like to remove the bottleneck / single point of
failure for account creation. I asked on the infrastructure mailing
list if we could setup a ticketing system (or wiki admin mailing list
or something) and have a signup requests be handled by a number of
wiki admins. I didn't really get a response that time. Would be really
nice if we could get something better set up.