Help compiling School of Expression graphics library?

Help compiling School of Expression graphics library?

Rakesh Malik
I'm trying to build the GraphicsLib code in Linux, Fedora. I have the
March '05 version of Hugs installed (and ghc, but that doesn't seem to
be relevant to this).

The first bit of puzzlement comes from the error messages I'm getting:
ffihugs +G +L"X_stub_ffi.c" X.hs
Warning: unknown toggle `G'; ignoring.
Warning: unknown toggle `L'; ignoring.
runhugs: Unable to initialise Hugs (Unrecognised option)

Hugs is on my path ($HOME/hugs/bin), and I edited the Makefile to point the
hugs_install home directory to $HOME/hugs. X_dir is correct, it has
lib/libX11.a and
include/X11/X.h.

My gc version is: gcc (GCC) 4.0.0 20050519 (Red Hat 4.0.0-8)
(I don't know whether that's relevant, but just in case.)

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Re: Help compiling School of Expression graphics library?

Jared Updike
Someone else had this problem, I think.

http://www.mail-archive.com/haskell-cafe@.../msg11358.html

  Jared.

On 1/11/06, Rakesh Malik <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm trying to build the GraphicsLib code in Linux, Fedora. I have the
> March '05 version of Hugs installed (and ghc, but that doesn't seem to
> be relevant to this).
>
> The first bit of puzzlement comes from the error messages I'm getting:
> ffihugs +G +L"X_stub_ffi.c" X.hs
> Warning: unknown toggle `G'; ignoring.
> Warning: unknown toggle `L'; ignoring.
> runhugs: Unable to initialise Hugs (Unrecognised option)
>
> Hugs is on my path ($HOME/hugs/bin), and I edited the Makefile to point the
> hugs_install home directory to $HOME/hugs. X_dir is correct, it has
> lib/libX11.a and
> include/X11/X.h.
>
> My gc version is: gcc (GCC) 4.0.0 20050519 (Red Hat 4.0.0-8)
> (I don't know whether that's relevant, but just in case.)
>
> Thanks for any help you can provide!

http://www.updike.org/~jared/
reverse ")-:"

Re: Help compiling School of Expression graphics library?

Ross Paterson
On Wed, Jan 11, 2006 at 11:25:42AM -0500, Rakesh Malik wrote:
> I'm trying to build the GraphicsLib code in Linux, Fedora. I have the
> March '05 version of Hugs installed (and ghc, but that doesn't seem to
> be relevant to this).

The graphics library should be included with Hugs: the module is
called Graphics.SOE or SOEGraphics.

Re: Help compiling School of Expression graphics library?

Rakesh Malik
Indeed it is!

Thanks, both of you, for the quick responses.