Help installing Esqueleto (for Yesod)!

Gilberto Melfe
Hello community!

I'm trying to install Yesod on a freshly setup openSUSE 13.1 virtual
machine!

I installed the Haskell Platform and three other (ghc) packages required
(for yesod-bin), from the standard online repositories!

Then i issued:
  cabal update
  cabal install cabal-install (because cabal told me so)
  export PATH=$HOME/.cabal/bin:$PATH

  cabal install yesod-platform

After churning for a while, that last command stated that some packages,
more precisely the Esqueleto package, failed to install.

I tried to install it alone and got these error messages:

-- Begin Command Output

Resolving dependencies...
Configuring esqueleto-1.3.5...
Building esqueleto-1.3.5...
Preprocessing library esqueleto-1.3.5...
[1 of 4] Compiling Database.Esqueleto.Internal.PersistentImport (
src/Database/Esqueleto/Internal/PersistentImport.hs,
dist/build/Database/Esqueleto/Internal/PersistentImport.o )
[2 of 4] Compiling Database.Esqueleto.Internal.Language (
src/Database/Esqueleto/Internal/Language.hs,
dist/build/Database/Esqueleto/Internal/Language.o )
[3 of 4] Compiling Database.Esqueleto.Internal.Sql (
src/Database/Esqueleto/Internal/Sql.hs,
dist/build/Database/Esqueleto/Internal/Sql.o )

src/Database/Esqueleto/Internal/Sql.hs:531:46:
    Not in scope: type constructor or class `C.ResourceT'

src/Database/Esqueleto/Internal/Sql.hs:559:42:
    Not in scope: type constructor or class `C.ResourceT'

src/Database/Esqueleto/Internal/Sql.hs:619:31:
    Not in scope: type constructor or class `C.ResourceT'

src/Database/Esqueleto/Internal/Sql.hs:634:24:
    Not in scope: type constructor or class `C.ResourceT'

src/Database/Esqueleto/Internal/Sql.hs:636:17:
    Not in scope: `C.runResourceT'
Failed to install esqueleto-1.3.5
esqueleto-1.3.5 failed during the building phase. The exception was:
ExitFailure 1

-- End Command Output

Can someone figure out what might be wrong?
(I guess it's not a dependencies issue...)

Thank You Very Much, in advance, for your time!

Gilberto

PS: Should I have included the command output in an attached file? Which
"method" is preferred?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Help installing Esqueleto (for Yesod)!

David McBride
Conduit was changed so that it no longer exports resourcet related types
and functions, and esqueleto is attempting to use those.  It is a bug in
esqueleto, and I've registered a pull request on github here:
https://github.com/meteficha/esqueleto/pull/55

While you are waiting for that to be merged, you can pull from
https://github.com/mindreader/esqueleto.git.  Just git clone it, cd into
the directory, then cabal install.

On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 10:56 AM, Gilberto Melfe <gilbertomelfe at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello community!
>
> I'm trying to install Yesod on a freshly setup openSUSE 13.1 virtual
> machine!
>
> I installed the Haskell Platform and three other (ghc) packages required
> (for yesod-bin), from the standard online repositories!
>
> Then i issued:
>   cabal update
>   cabal install cabal-install (because cabal told me so)
>   export PATH=$HOME/.cabal/bin:$PATH
>
>   cabal install yesod-platform
>
> After churning for a while, that last command stated that some packages,
> more precisely the Esqueleto package, failed to install.
>
> I tried to install it alone and got these error messages:
>
> -- Begin Command Output
>
> Resolving dependencies...
> Configuring esqueleto-1.3.5...
> Building esqueleto-1.3.5...
> Preprocessing library esqueleto-1.3.5...
> [1 of 4] Compiling Database.Esqueleto.Internal.PersistentImport (
> src/Database/Esqueleto/Internal/PersistentImport.hs,
> dist/build/Database/Esqueleto/Internal/PersistentImport.o )
> [2 of 4] Compiling Database.Esqueleto.Internal.Language (
> src/Database/Esqueleto/Internal/Language.hs,
> dist/build/Database/Esqueleto/Internal/Language.o )
> [3 of 4] Compiling Database.Esqueleto.Internal.Sql (
> src/Database/Esqueleto/Internal/Sql.hs,
> dist/build/Database/Esqueleto/Internal/Sql.o )
>
> src/Database/Esqueleto/Internal/Sql.hs:531:46:
>     Not in scope: type constructor or class `C.ResourceT'
>
> src/Database/Esqueleto/Internal/Sql.hs:559:42:
>     Not in scope: type constructor or class `C.ResourceT'
>
> src/Database/Esqueleto/Internal/Sql.hs:619:31:
>     Not in scope: type constructor or class `C.ResourceT'
>
> src/Database/Esqueleto/Internal/Sql.hs:634:24:
>     Not in scope: type constructor or class `C.ResourceT'
>
> src/Database/Esqueleto/Internal/Sql.hs:636:17:
>     Not in scope: `C.runResourceT'
> Failed to install esqueleto-1.3.5
> esqueleto-1.3.5 failed during the building phase. The exception was:
> ExitFailure 1
>
> -- End Command Output
>
> Can someone figure out what might be wrong?
> (I guess it's not a dependencies issue...)
>
> Thank You Very Much, in advance, for your time!
>
> Gilberto
>
> PS: Should I have included the command output in an attached file? Which
> "method" is preferred?

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Help installing Esqueleto (for Yesod)!

Gilberto Melfe
Hi!

Thank you for your response!

The author of Esqueleto has updated his code and now I can install the
package!

However the Yesod-Platform still requires version 1.3.5 (although cabal,
after a cabal update, informs that there is a newer version 1.3.9); hence I
still can get Yesod installed!

Is there some way around this problem?

Mr. Michael Snoyman if you're reading this could you also update
Yesod-Platform's dependencies?

Thank You!

Gilberto

On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 5:00 PM, David McBride <toad3k at gmail.com> wrote:

> Conduit was changed so that it no longer exports resourcet related types
> and functions, and esqueleto is attempting to use those.  It is a bug in
> esqueleto, and I've registered a pull request on github here:
> https://github.com/meteficha/esqueleto/pull/55
>
> While you are waiting for that to be merged, you can pull from
> https://github.com/mindreader/esqueleto.git.  Just git clone it, cd into
> the directory, then cabal install.
>

> On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 10:56 AM, Gilberto Melfe <gilbertomelfe at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hello community!
>>
>> I'm trying to install Yesod on a freshly setup openSUSE 13.1 virtual
>> machine!
>>
>> I installed the Haskell Platform and three other (ghc) packages required
>> (for yesod-bin), from the standard online repositories!
>>
>> Then i issued:
>>   cabal update
>>   cabal install cabal-install (because cabal told me so)
>>   export PATH=$HOME/.cabal/bin:$PATH
>>
>>   cabal install yesod-platform
>>
>> After churning for a while, that last command stated that some packages,
>> more precisely the Esqueleto package, failed to install.
>>
>> I tried to install it alone and got these error messages:
>>
>> -- Begin Command Output
>>
>> Resolving dependencies...
>> Configuring esqueleto-1.3.5...
>> Building esqueleto-1.3.5...
>> Preprocessing library esqueleto-1.3.5...
>> [1 of 4] Compiling Database.Esqueleto.Internal.PersistentImport (
>> src/Database/Esqueleto/Internal/PersistentImport.hs,
>> dist/build/Database/Esqueleto/Internal/PersistentImport.o )
>> [2 of 4] Compiling Database.Esqueleto.Internal.Language (
>> src/Database/Esqueleto/Internal/Language.hs,
>> dist/build/Database/Esqueleto/Internal/Language.o )
>> [3 of 4] Compiling Database.Esqueleto.Internal.Sql (
>> src/Database/Esqueleto/Internal/Sql.hs,
>> dist/build/Database/Esqueleto/Internal/Sql.o )
>>
>> src/Database/Esqueleto/Internal/Sql.hs:531:46:
>>     Not in scope: type constructor or class `C.ResourceT'
>>
>> src/Database/Esqueleto/Internal/Sql.hs:559:42:
>>     Not in scope: type constructor or class `C.ResourceT'
>>
>> src/Database/Esqueleto/Internal/Sql.hs:619:31:
>>     Not in scope: type constructor or class `C.ResourceT'
>>
>> src/Database/Esqueleto/Internal/Sql.hs:634:24:
>>     Not in scope: type constructor or class `C.ResourceT'
>>
>> src/Database/Esqueleto/Internal/Sql.hs:636:17:
>>     Not in scope: `C.runResourceT'
>> Failed to install esqueleto-1.3.5
>> cabal: Error: some packages failed to install:
>> esqueleto-1.3.5 failed during the building phase. The exception was:
>> ExitFailure 1
>>
>> -- End Command Output
>>
>> Can someone figure out what might be wrong?
>> (I guess it's not a dependencies issue...)
>>
>> Thank You Very Much, in advance, for your time!
>>
>> Gilberto
>>
>> PS: Should I have included the command output in an attached file? Which
>> "method" is preferred?

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Help installing Esqueleto (for Yesod)!

Michael Snoyman
Yes, I've just updated yesod-platform. I'm not sure how that release made
it through; I tested the install locally and it worked, but I must have had
a tweaked version of esqueleto. In any event, 1.2.9.1 should work just fine
(and please let me know if it doesn't).