Quantcast

Hi there, blobs people

Bernd Brassel
Recently, I have begun using blobs for my own project. It already has many
features I need and the code is very readble (although there could be more
documentation). As these projects are all about give and take, I would
like to make my extensions publicly available. Wher should I send them and
how? Should I use darcs send? (Never worked with it.)

My first extension is about a more flexible placement of node labels:
Instead of just above or below, I need other placements as well. Thus,
I modified the Justify data type to my needs and migrated it to Network.hs.

Now, the following placements are possible, best used with rectangular nodes.

                         Above
          |               Top                     |
          |                                       |
          |                                       |
LeftBeside|LeftInside    Center        RightInside|RightBeside
          |                                       |
          |                                       |
          |               Bottom                  |
                          Below

Especially I need nodes which form boxes around the centered label.
But for this I need a possibility to call (logical)TextExtend from
outside of NetworkView (in the node creation routine). Where do I
get this mystical DC () value??

More to come!
Cheers
Bernd

Re: Hi there, blobs people

Arjan van IJzendoorn-2
Hi Bernd,

I am not the person to send updates to, but I can answer your question.

> But for this I need a possibility to call (logical)TextExtend from
> outside of NetworkView (in the node creation routine). Where do I
> get this mystical DC () value??

You can create a device context for the screen by called screenDCCreate (for
which you need to import WXCore).

Cheers, Arjan

Re: Hi there, blobs people

Malcolm Wallace
[hidden email] wrote:

> Recently, I have begun using blobs for my own project.
> As these projects are all about give and
> take, I would like to make my extensions publicly available. Where
> should I send them and how? Should I use darcs send?

Apologies for the long delay in replying - I was away at a workshop
(demonstrating Blobs with the FPTC backend actually) when your email
arrived, and it has taken a long time to catch up.

Yes, please do make your contributions public.  The easiest way is to
use 'darcs send'.  The patches will come to my email address, and I will
apply them to the published repository.

> My first extension is about a more flexible placement of node labels:
> Instead of just above or below, I need other placements as well.

Great.

Regards,
    Malcolm