How can we make the output of some shell commands visible ?

How can we make the output of some shell commands visible ?

z_axis
We are using shellPrompt in XMonad.Prompt.Shell to run shell commands as
below:
((modm, xK_s), shellPrompt myXPConfig)

it works however we can see any output of some shell commands, i.e. `ls
-l`.

Sincerely!

e^(π.i) + 1 = 0

How can we make the output of some shell commands visible ?

wagnerdm@seas.upenn.edu
How about "xmessage `ls -l`" or similar?
~d

Quoting z_axis <z_axis at 163.com>:

> We are using shellPrompt in XMonad.Prompt.Shell to run shell
> commands as below:
> ((modm, xK_s), shellPrompt myXPConfig)
>
> it works however we can see any output of some shell commands, i.e. `ls -l`.
>
> Sincerely!

How can we make the output of some shell commands visible ?

Brandon Allbery
On Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 9:41 PM, <wagnerdm at seas.upenn.edu> wrote:

> How about "xmessage `ls -l`" or similar?

If it's not too big... and it still loses stderr.

I suggested XMonad.Util.Dzen in channel; it may be possible to wire that
into Prompt somehow.

allbery.b at gmail.com                                  ballbery at sinenomine.net
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

How can we make the output of some shell commands visible ?

z_axis
xmeesage is not good as it acts so slow !  may dzen is worth trying ?

e^(π.i) + 1 = 0