How do I add ghc-prim as a dep for ghc?

Ömer Sinan Ağacan
I'm trying to add ghc-prim as a dependency to the ghc package. So far I've done
these changes:

    diff --git a/compiler/ghc.cabal.in b/compiler/ghc.cabal.in
    index 01628dcad1..b9c3b3d02b 100644
    --- a/compiler/ghc.cabal.in
    +++ b/compiler/ghc.cabal.in
    @@ -65,7 +65,8 @@ Library
                        ghc-boot   == @ProjectVersionMunged@,
                        ghc-boot-th == @ProjectVersionMunged@,
                        ghc-heap   == @ProjectVersionMunged@,
    -                   ghci == @ProjectVersionMunged@
    +                   ghci == @ProjectVersionMunged@,
    +                   ghc-prim

         if os(windows)
             Build-Depends: Win32  >= 2.3 && < 2.7
    diff --git a/ghc.mk b/ghc.mk
    index c0b99c00f4..26c6e86c02 100644
    --- a/ghc.mk
    +++ b/ghc.mk
    @@ -420,7 +420,8 @@ else # CLEANING
     # programs such as GHC and ghc-pkg, that we do not assume the stage0
     # compiler already has installed (or up-to-date enough).

    -PACKAGES_STAGE0 = binary text transformers mtl parsec Cabal/Cabal
hpc ghc-boot-th ghc-boot template-haskell ghc-heap ghci
    +PACKAGES_STAGE0 = binary text transformers mtl parsec Cabal/Cabal hpc \
    +                                 ghc-boot-th ghc-boot
template-haskell ghc-heap ghci ghc-prim
     ifeq "$(Windows_Host)" "NO"
     PACKAGES_STAGE0 += terminfo
     endif

But I'm getting this error:

    ghc-cabal: Encountered missing dependencies:
    ghc-prim ==0.5.3

Any ideas what else to edit?

Thanks,

Ömer

Re: How do I add ghc-prim as a dep for ghc?

Ben Gamari-3
Ömer Sinan Ağacan <[hidden email]> writes:

> I'm trying to add ghc-prim as a dependency to the ghc package. So far I've done
> these changes:

snip

> Any ideas what else to edit?

Did you rerun ./configure after modifying ghc.cabal.in? I would
double-check that ghc.cabal contains the dependency.

Cheers,

- Ben

Re: How do I add ghc-prim as a dep for ghc?

Ömer Sinan Ağacan
I did make distclean; ./boot; ./configure ... no luck. Checked ghc.cabal also.

Ömer

Ben Gamari <[hidden email]>, 26 Haz 2018 Sal, 21:39 tarihinde şunu yazdı:

> Ömer Sinan Ağacan <[hidden email]> writes:
>
> > I'm trying to add ghc-prim as a dependency to the ghc package. So far I've done
> > these changes:
> >
> snip
>
> > Any ideas what else to edit?
> >
> Did you rerun ./configure after modifying ghc.cabal.in? I would
> double-check that ghc.cabal contains the dependency.
>
> Cheers,
>
> - Ben

Re: How do I add ghc-prim as a dep for ghc?

Ömer Sinan Ağacan
It turns out there are two GHC packages: ghc and ghc-bin. I needed to add to
ghc-bin but I wasn't aware of it so added to ghc.

Ömer

Ömer Sinan Ağacan <[hidden email]>, 26 Haz 2018 Sal, 21:58