How to access a wiki page?

Matthew Pickering
I made a wiki page for something I am working on but now I can't
access the page anymore.

The search thankfully displays the page as the first result.

https://gitlab.haskell.org/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&search=core+representation&group_id=&project_id=1&scope=wiki_blobs&repository_ref=

But if I click on the page then it takes me to a UI which asks me to
create a new page.

This is obviously a bug in gitlab but how can I get to the page anyway?

Cheers,

Matt

Re: How to access a wiki page?

Ben Gamari-2
Matthew Pickering <[hidden email]> writes:

> I made a wiki page for something I am working on but now I can't
> access the page anymore.
>
> The search thankfully displays the page as the first result.
>
> https://gitlab.haskell.org/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&search=core+representation&group_id=&project_id=1&scope=wiki_blobs&repository_ref=
>
> But if I click on the page then it takes me to a UI which asks me to
> create a new page.
>
> This is obviously a bug in gitlab but how can I get to the page anyway?

Indeed, and a pretty bad one at that. I think I'll need to look into
fixing this myself; not having functional search over the wiki is not
acceptable.

Cheers,

- Ben

Re: How to access a wiki page?

Ben Gamari-2
Ben Gamari <[hidden email]> writes:

> Matthew Pickering <[hidden email]> writes:
>
>> I made a wiki page for something I am working on but now I can't
>> access the page anymore.
>>
>> The search thankfully displays the page as the first result.
>>
>> https://gitlab.haskell.org/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&search=core+representation&group_id=&project_id=1&scope=wiki_blobs&repository_ref=
>>
>> But if I click on the page then it takes me to a UI which asks me to
>> create a new page.
>>
>> This is obviously a bug in gitlab but how can I get to the page anyway?
>>
> Indeed, and a pretty bad one at that. I think I'll need to look into
> fixing this myself; not having functional search over the wiki is not
> acceptable.

I have opened gitlab-ce#59367 [1] to track this and nearly have a workaround.

Cheers,

- Ben

[1] https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/59367