How to "cabal install" on current Arch/Manjaro ?

How to "cabal install" on current Arch/Manjaro ?

Hans-Juergen Guth

Helle dear readers,

at the moment I'm not able to compile the most things with cabal/ghc.

For example:
cabal install cpphs

gives

Linking dist/build/cpphs/cpphs ...
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lHStext-1.2.2.2-3ENqlljngKa6xj1Go2fVWq

I have read that Arch linux has changed haskell to use dynamic linking,
and I have installed the new packet "ghc-static" with static libraries.

How can I switch between static and dynamic linking in cabal and what
are the preconditions?
Where can I give the directories for searching for haskell-libraries?

Thank you in advance for help.

Jürgen

Re: How to "cabal install" on current Arch/Manjaro ?

Hans-Juergen Guth
Hi all,

update:
 compilition was possible with the undocumented flag:
--ghc-options -dynamic

so:
cabal install cpphs --ghc-options -dynamic

I found it in a reddit-post
(https://www.reddit.com/r/archlinux/comments/6nlglg/arch_haskell/)

But I'm still not sure, what I have done with ghc and cabal :-(

Greetings Jürgen