How to uninstall all cabal packages?

Volker Wysk
Hi!

I want to remove eveything which cabal has installed, and begin again with a clean installation. How is this accomplished? I've deleted ~/.cabal, but it still says that hsshellscript is already installed:

desktop ~ $ cabal install hsshellscript
Resolving dependencies...
All the requested packages are already installed:
hsshellscript-3.4.3
Use --reinstall if you want to reinstall anyway.

Bye
V.W.

Re: How to uninstall all cabal packages?

Volker Wysk
Yes, that's it. Thanks for the fast answer!

Am Sonntag, 3. Dezember 2017, 20:32:20 CET schrieb Michael Snoyman:

> You'll need to delete your ~/.ghc directory as well.
>
> On Sun, Dec 3, 2017 at 8:24 PM, Volker Wysk <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > I want to remove eveything which cabal has installed, and begin again with
> > a clean installation. How is this accomplished? I've deleted ~/.cabal, but
> > it still says that hsshellscript is already installed:
> >
> > desktop ~ $ cabal install hsshellscript
> > Resolving dependencies...
> > All the requested packages are already installed:
> > hsshellscript-3.4.3
> > Use --reinstall if you want to reinstall anyway.
> >
> > Bye
> > V.W.

Re: How to uninstall all cabal packages?

Volker Wysk
Again, thanks for the fast answer!

Volker