How to use earlier ghc version with stack

How to use earlier ghc version with stack

stevix
I'm going through a book on Haskell that is based on a ghc version between 7.8 and 8.0

I created a new project using the default settings and have a much more recent version of ghc installed

How to I fall back to an earlier version?

Using haskell stack on manjaro linux

Steve

Re: How to use earlier ghc version with stack

Simon Jakobi
Hi Steve,

on https://www.stackage.org/, at the bottom of the page, you can find Stackage LTS versions using older GHC versions. Pick one of those and update the resolver in your stack.yaml. E.g.

  resolver: lts-6.35