HsTick and HsBinTick

GHC - devs mailing list

Friends

I think HsTick and HsBinTick are added (only) by GHC.HsToCore.Coverage

So I think the cannot occur in HsExpr GhcPs or HcExpr GhcRn

If so we should change the data type decl to say this explicitly.

Can anyone confirm or deny and add a ticket if so?

Re: HsTick and HsBinTick

Matthew Pickering
FWIW, I fixed some code paths (locally) in the compiler before to not
panic when using the `HsTick` constructor as I wanted to generate some
code using Template Haskell which contained source notes. This was
useful for me for debugging a big explosion in code generation size.