HsVectInstIn is dead code?

Alan & Kim Zimmerman
If I grep through the GHC source, or do a github search[1]

It seems that HsVectInst exists, and can be renamed, typechecked, zonked, desugared.

But it does not get parse, and does not appear to be introduced in any other way.

Am I missing something? Should it be deleted (as hinted at in one of the comments?)

RE: HsVectInstIn is dead code?

GHC - devs mailing list

Manuel

Can you comment on this?   You’ve argued for keeping the vectorisation code in, but is this particular data constructor in VectDecl used?

Simon

Re: HsVectInstIn is dead code?

Manuel M T Chakravarty-4
Hi Alan,

You can remove ’HsVectInstIn’ as well as ’HsVectInstOut’ for that matter.

Thanks,
Manuel