Huffman Library Maintainership

Callan McGill
The huffman library (http://hackage.haskell.org/package/huffman) is very
useful, but unfortunately hasn't been maintained in several years and
does not compile with new versions of the containers library. We are
incorporating huffman encoding as part of the American Museum of Natural
History's PCG project (https://github.com/amnh/pcg). We have a locally
"repaired" version of the huffman library that we have used in a
prototype and would like to share the updates with the Haskell community.

Nine months ago I contacted Maxime Henrion, the listed maintainer of the
huffman library, about a pull request to incorporate the changes or
taking up maintainership responsibility, whatever they would prefer to
update the library and share the huffman encoding library updates with
the rest of the community. Unfortunately I didn't receive any response
from them.

Per the listed protocol for requesting maintainership of a hackage
package if the current maintainer cannot be reached
(https://wiki.haskell.org/Taking_over_a_package#If_you_cannot_contact_the_author.2Fmaintainer),
I'm letting the Haskell community know that I am quite interested in
taking over maintainership of the huffman library. I intend to update
the library to compile with new versions of GHC and updated versions of
the containers package.

~Alex Washburn, (recursion-ninja)