In case there are some other Haskellers around Eindhoven, NL

In case there are some other Haskellers around Eindhoven, NL

Damian Nadales
On a very unmemorable day, lost somewhere in a province of the
Netherlands, a new Haskell meetup has been born
http://meetu.ps/c/32F0Z/tJxcH/f

Best,
Damian.

Re: In case there are some other Haskellers around Eindhoven, NL

Albert Y. C. Lai
On 2017-02-09 04:40 PM, Damian Nadales wrote:
> On a very unmemorable day, lost somewhere in a province of the
> Netherlands, a new Haskell meetup has been born
> http://meetu.ps/c/32F0Z/tJxcH/f

Eindhoven, in my heart, is ground zero of well-reasoned programming
because Dijkstra.

Re: In case there are some other Haskellers around Eindhoven, NL

Rustom Mody
On 2017-02-09 04:40 PM, Damian Nadales wrote:
On a very unmemorable day, lost somewhere in a province of the
Netherlands, a new Haskell meetup has been born
http://meetu.ps/c/32F0Z/tJxcH/f

Eindhoven, in my heart, is ground zero of well-reasoned programming because Dijkstra.

Just in case the Eindhoven Haskell meetup group is in fact inspired by E W Dijkstra...
Here is pugofer
The summary of its history and motivations here
Particularly a feel for it could be had by reading its standard prelude

Summary of summary: Inspired by EWD's writing function application not as f(x) or as f x but as f.x
here is pugofer's version of map

map : (a -> b) -> [a] -> [b]
map.f.[] = []
map.f.(x::xs) = f.x :: map.f.xs

PS This is 25 year old code... It still works but is not really type-comparable to ghc ;-)