Innovating control structures

Girish Bhat
Ok, I keep hearing about functional programming allowing you to
innovate control structures and certainly monads have a role to play
there.
I was wondering if you guys would point me to particularly elegant or
pleasing idioms.

For example,  I seem to be pleased to be re-acquainted with the
recursive for loop :)

Re: Innovating control structures

Girish Bhat
Ok, I just got a bit panaroid that I didn't specify that I do know
about fold, map etc :)