Install advice

Lawrence Bottorff-2
So I've got a new machine with a fresh install of Ubuntu 18.10. How should I install latest-greatest Haskell? (Perhaps review my previous post about having so much trouble with conflicting Haskell install theories.)

LB

Re: Install advice

Michael Snoyman
There are multiple approaches, but my biased[1] recommendation is to use Stack, which can automatically install the appropriate GHC version. There are instructions available at:

I'd also recommend checking out the "next steps" section for how to get started using Stack. Also, there's a Gitter channel where you can ask follow up questions at:

[1] I'm one of the Stack authors