Installing packages

Tymur Porkuian
I'm trying to install wxcore-0.11.0 using Cabal. I've downloaded it
from http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/wxcore-0.11.0,
unpacked and tried to follow instructions from
http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Cabal/How_to_install_a_Cabal_package,
but this is what I'm getting:

D:\libraries\wxcore-0.11.0>runhaskell Setup configure
Setup: sh: runGenProcess: does not exist (No such file or directory)

What does this mean?

Installing packages

Brandon S Allbery KF8NH
On 2009 Feb 7, at 20:50, Tymur Porkuian wrote:

> I'm trying to install wxcore-0.11.0 using Cabal. I've downloaded it
> from http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/wxcore-0.11.0
> ,
> unpacked and tried to follow instructions from
> http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Cabal/How_to_install_a_Cabal_package,
> but this is what I'm getting:
>
> D:\libraries\wxcore-0.11.0>runhaskell Setup configure
> Setup: sh: runGenProcess: does not exist (No such file or directory)
>
> What does this mean?

On Windows it usually means that the package has a "configure" shell
script and therefore requires that Cygwin or MSYS be installed.

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: PGP.sig
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 195 bytes

Installing packages

Tymur Porkuian
>> I'm trying to install wxcore-0.11.0 using Cabal. I've downloaded it
>> from
>> http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/wxcore-0.11.0,
>> unpacked and tried to follow instructions from
>> http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Cabal/How_to_install_a_Cabal_package,
>> but this is what I'm getting:
>>
>> D:\libraries\wxcore-0.11.0>runhaskell Setup configure
>> Setup: sh: runGenProcess: does not exist (No such file or directory)
>>
>> What does this mean?
>
> On Windows it usually means that the package has a "configure" shell script
> and therefore requires that Cygwin or MSYS be installed.

I have installed Cygwin, and still getting the exact same error.
Should something else be done after installing it?

Installing packages

Krzysztof Skrzętnicki
On Sun, Feb 8, 2009 at 23:27, Tymur Porkuian <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> I'm trying to install wxcore-0.11.0 using Cabal. I've downloaded it
>>> from
>>> http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/wxcore-0.11.0,
>>> unpacked and tried to follow instructions from
>>> http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Cabal/How_to_install_a_Cabal_package,
>>> but this is what I'm getting:
>>>
>>> D:\libraries\wxcore-0.11.0>runhaskell Setup configure
>>> Setup: sh: runGenProcess: does not exist (No such file or directory)
>>>
>>> What does this mean?
>>
>> On Windows it usually means that the package has a "configure" shell script
>> and therefore requires that Cygwin or MSYS be installed.
>
> I have installed Cygwin, and still getting the exact same error.
> Should something else be done after installing it?

Are you running "cabal install" from within Cygwin prompt?

All best

Christopher Skrz?tnicki

Installing packages

Tymur Porkuian

>>> On Windows it usually means that the package has a "configure" shell script
>>> and therefore requires that Cygwin or MSYS be installed.
>>
>> I have installed Cygwin, and still getting the exact same error.
>> Should something else be done after installing it?
>
> Are you running "cabal install" from within Cygwin prompt?

No, I'm not running "cabal install", I'm running "runhaskell Setup
configure" (as written in
http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Cabal/How_to_install_a_Cabal_package).
"cabal" is not even on the PATH, actually. Now I launched this command
from cygwin, this is what I got:

.../cygdrive/d/libraries/wxcore-0.11.0
$ runhaskell.exe Setup configure
warning:
 Unable to find wxWidgets configuration (wx-config).

checking system:
error:
 Unable to find the 'wx-config' program: wx-config
 Maybe you forgot to run 'make install' on wxWidgets?
 Otherwise, add the install directory of wx-config to your path.

 Or maybe you are trying to compile with Microsoft Visual C++?
 If so, you can specify that on the command line:
 For example: ./configure --with-msc

What is wx-config and where can I get it?

Installing packages

Krzysztof Skrzętnicki
On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 00:21, Tymur Porkuian <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> Are you running "cabal install" from within Cygwin prompt?
>
> No, I'm not running "cabal install", I'm running "runhaskell Setup
> configure" (as written in
> http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Cabal/How_to_install_a_Cabal_package).
> "cabal" is not even on the PATH, actually. Now I launched this command
> from cygwin, this is what I got:
>
> .../cygdrive/d/libraries/wxcore-0.11.0
> $ runhaskell.exe Setup configure
> warning:
>  Unable to find wxWidgets configuration (wx-config).
>
> checking system:
> error:
>  Unable to find the 'wx-config' program: wx-config
>  Maybe you forgot to run 'make install' on wxWidgets?
>  Otherwise, add the install directory of wx-config to your path.
>
>  Or maybe you are trying to compile with Microsoft Visual C++?
>  If so, you can specify that on the command line:
>  For example: ./configure --with-msc
>
> What is wx-config and where can I get it?

You need wxWidgets sources: get them at
http://www.wxwidgets.org/downloads/#latest_stable .
After that you need to install them appropriately, so that wx-config
will be in PATH.

All best

Christopher Skrz?tnicki