Intention to take over the pipes-text package

Intention to take over the pipes-text package

Haskell - Haskell-Cafe mailing list
The pipes-text [1] package on Hackage hasn't been updated in about 4
years and doesn't currently build due to outdated `build-depends'.

Patches have been supplied to the GitHub [2] repository but none have
been merged.  The last commit was on Dec 2, 2016.

I have attempted to reach out to the author (Michael Thompson) to offer
assistance and have not received any response.

As per the instructions on the Haskell Wiki, I'm posting this message to
signal my intent to take over the pipes-text package as a maintainer.  I
have a working fork here [3].

Michael, if you prefer to keep the package under your control I'm more
than happy to help you manage the GitHub project and get some patches
merged.  Otherwise I'll reach out to the Hackage administrators after a
reasonable amount of time has passed.

[1]: https://hackage.haskell.org/package/pipes-text
[2]: https://github.com/michaelt/text-pipes
[3]: https://github.com/pjones/pipes-text

Re: Intention to take over the pipes-text package

Andrew Martin
To add a little context, I took over two of Michael Thompson's packages, streaming and streaming-bytestring, a few years ago. Similarly, I never received a response. Michael appears to have gone inactive on GitHub in April of 2017. Possibly a career shift or just a move away from OSS.

On Tue, Oct 6, 2020 at 5:47 PM Peter J. Jones via Haskell-Cafe <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

-Andrew Thaddeus Martin