Intention to take over the pipes-text package

Intention to take over the pipes-text package

Haskell - Haskell-Cafe mailing list
(This is a re-post from October 6, 2020 since the original did not make
it into the archive.)

The pipes-text [1] package on Hackage hasn't been updated in about 4
years and doesn't currently build due to outdated `build-depends'.

Patches have been supplied to the GitHub [2] repository but none have
been merged.  The last commit was on Dec 2, 2016.

I have attempted to reach out to the author (Michael Thompson) to offer
assistance and have not received any response.

As per the instructions on the Haskell Wiki, I'm posting this message to
signal my intent to take over the pipes-text package as a maintainer.  I
have a working fork here [3].

Michael, if you prefer to keep the package under your control I'm more
than happy to help you manage the GitHub project and get some patches
merged.  Otherwise I'll reach out to the Hackage administrators after a
reasonable amount of time has passed.

[1]: https://hackage.haskell.org/package/pipes-text
[2]: https://github.com/michaelt/text-pipes
[3]: https://github.com/pjones/pipes-text

Re: Intention to take over the pipes-text package

Andrew Martin
For what it's worth, I took over some of Michael Thompson's other libraries (streaming and streaming-bytestring) about two years ago. He is no longer active on GitHub and was not responsive to email at the time.

On Thu, Oct 29, 2020 at 7:00 PM Peter J. Jones via Haskell-Cafe <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

-Andrew Thaddeus Martin