Invitation to connect on LinkedIn

Sakari Joinen via LinkedIn

LinkedIn Logo

Steve,

Sakari Joinen wants to connect with you on LinkedIn.

Sakari Joinen
Senior QA Engineer at Rocketpack View Profile »

You are receiving Invitation emails. Unsubscribe.

This email was intended for Steve Severance (Principal at Alpha Heavy Industries). Learn why we included this. © 2012, LinkedIn Corporation. 2029 Stierlin Ct. Mountain View, CA 94043, USA

Re: Invitation to connect on LinkedIn

damodar kulkarni
Hi,
Correct me if I am wrong, but by looking at the way the message is created, I think, LinkedIn is acting a kind of spammer these days. Shall we lodge protest against it as a community?
As an aside, can we not automatically delete all messages to haskell mailing-lists whose "from" field contains "LinkedIn" (and the likes of it) in it?

-Damodar

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 9:12 PM, Sakari Joinen via LinkedIn <[hidden email]> wrote:

LinkedIn Logo

Steve,

Sakari Joinen wants to connect with you on LinkedIn.

Sakari Joinen
Senior QA Engineer at Rocketpack View Profile »

You are receiving Invitation emails. Unsubscribe.

This email was intended for Steve Severance (Principal at Alpha Heavy Industries). Learn why we included this. © 2012, LinkedIn Corporation. 2029 Stierlin Ct. Mountain View, CA 94043, USA

Re: Invitation to connect on LinkedIn

Brandon Allbery
On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 2:21 PM, damodar kulkarni <[hidden email]> wrote:
Correct me if I am wrong, but by looking at the way the message is created, I think, LinkedIn is acting a kind of spammer these days. Shall we lodge protest against it as a community?

What happens is that anyone who joins is pushed to run their contact list through them "to look for connections", then LinkedIn sends an invitation to any address not already noted as a member.  So it's spammy but in an especially slimy user-initiated way.

--
brandon s allbery                                      [hidden email]

Re: Invitation to connect on LinkedIn

Steve Severance-2
My heart skipped a beat when I saw myself on here. Then I saw I was the target. For the record I am morally opposed to inbox harvesting, although LinkedIn keeps "recommending" that I do just that.

Steve

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 11:49 AM, Brandon Allbery <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 2:21 PM, damodar kulkarni <[hidden email]> wrote:
Correct me if I am wrong, but by looking at the way the message is created, I think, LinkedIn is acting a kind of spammer these days. Shall we lodge protest against it as a community?

What happens is that anyone who joins is pushed to run their contact list through them "to look for connections", then LinkedIn sends an invitation to any address not already noted as a member.  So it's spammy but in an especially slimy user-initiated way.

--
brandon s allbery                                      [hidden email]
wandering unix systems administrator (available)     <a href="tel:%28412%29%20475-9364" value="+14124759364" target="_blank">(412) 475-9364 vm/sms

Re: Invitation to connect on LinkedIn

Ramana Kumar-2
On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 7:21 PM, damodar kulkarni <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,
Correct me if I am wrong, but by looking at the way the message is created, I think, LinkedIn is acting a kind of spammer these days. Shall we lodge protest against it as a community?

I'd support such a protest.