Is SHE (the Strathclyde Haskell Enhancement) portable?

Is SHE (the Strathclyde Haskell Enhancement) portable?

Maciej Piechotka
It may be strange question but:

 - Is SHE portable (assuming that the compiler have the extensions)?
 - If yes why there is only information how to use it with GHC?

Regards

Re: Is SHE (the Strathclyde Haskell Enhancement) portable?

Conor McBride-2

On 23 Jan 2011, at 11:27, Maciej Piechotka wrote:

> It may be strange question but:
>
> - Is SHE portable (assuming that the compiler have the extensions)?

I have no idea.

> - If yes why there is only information how to use it with GHC?

I'm lucky I even know how to get it to work with GHC.

It'd be a bonus if it turned out to be portable. If anyone figures
out how to bolt it on the front of other compilers, I'd be happy to
relay (with attribution) the relevant instructions on the SHE
website.

All the best

Conor

On Sun, 2011-01-23 at 18:42 +0100, Lennart Augustsson wrote:
> It probably is portable, but I'd think only GHC has all the necessary
> extensions.

I imagine some parts (idiom brackets) works with minimal amount of
extentions - maybe it would be benefitial to have instructions to run
SHE with other compilers?

On 23 Jan 2011, at 18:19, Maciej Piechotka wrote:

> On Sun, 2011-01-23 at 18:42 +0100, Lennart Augustsson wrote:
>> It probably is portable, but I'd think only GHC has all the necessary
>> extensions.
>
> I imagine some parts (idiom brackets) works with minimal amount of
> extentions - maybe it would be benefitial to have instructions to run
> SHE with other compilers?

Yes, idiom brackets, default superclass instances, that sort of
stuff is all good clean H98 fun.

I'm open to code and/or doc patches, but I'm unlikely to have time
to take the initiative.

All the best

Conor