Is anyone maintaining the development snapshots?

Is anyone maintaining the development snapshots?

Peter Jones
The xmonad README mentions the following "development snapshot" links:

  http://code.haskell.org/xmonad/xmonad.tar.gz

  http://code.haskell.org/XMonadContrib/xmc.tar.gz

Is someone creating these manually or were they nightly snapshots from
Darcs?  If these aren't actively maintained (and generated from the Git
repo) then I suggest we remove them from the README.

--
Peter Jones, Founder, Devalot.com
Defending the honor of good code

adam vogt <[hidden email]> writes:
> They were generated by darcs wherever somebody pushed a patch. They are out
> of date now. Github has ways to download the repo as an archive, but there
> might not be much point in keeping that method since I understand git is
> installed much more widely than darcs.

I thought about using GitHub's archive feature, but it generates (and
forces) https links.  Unfortunately, cabal doesn't support them.