Is it possible: Haskell platform - portable edition

Is it possible: Haskell platform - portable edition

Rafael Gustavo da Cunha Pereira Pinto-2

Hello,

Has anyone considered the possibility of making a *Portable* Haskell Platform distribution (portable meaning on a USB stick) for Windows?

This worked form me: I installed GHC on one machine, copied it to a USB stick and created a batch to set the environment path and open a command prompt.

This gives me the freedom to use Haskell wherever I am! The only downside is that I have to edit packages.conf by hand everytime I install a package.

I would like to improve this, by making it more automatic. Do you haskellers think it is possible?

Regards,

Rafael Gustavo da Cunha Pereira Pinto