Is there something new in GHCi?

Francisco Vieira de Souza
I´m using GHCi for Windows and I found sometrhing new. Mainly, there is no way for using GHC tooI for making a executable program. I had been doing all that is written
in the page of Haskell and the same thing. I think that is something wrong in this new way of installation of GHC.

Someone can help me in this case? Thanks in advance!

Vieira

--
"Embora ninguém possa voltar atrás e fazer um novo começo, qualquer um pode começar agora e fazer um novo fim". (Chico Xavier)

Re: Is there something new in GHCi?

Sergiu Ivanov-2
Hello Vieira,

Thus quoth  Francisco Vieira de Souza  at 15:35 on Mon, Jul 17 2017:

> I´m using GHCi for Windows and I found sometrhing new. Mainly, there is no
> way for using GHC tooI for making a executable program. I had been doing
> all that is written
> in the page of Haskell and the same thing. I think that is something wrong
> in this new way of installation of GHC.

Could you please give us a more precise description of what you are
doing and of the failure you are getting?

I don't have any Windows machines at hand, so I will probably not be
able to help you out.  However, you should give us some more information
so that those of us who do have Windows can diagnose and probably
reproduce your issue.

If I remember correctly, last time I did Haskell on Windows, GHC worked
pretty well.  Also note that GHC is a Haskell compiler and GHCi is an
interactive Haskell shell.  They are two very similar but not the same
tools.

--
Sergiu