Lambdabot not running on XP

Iain Alexander
I eventually persuaded Plugin.Pl.Transform.hs to compile by disabling the
optimisation, and with other bits of hackery got lambdabot to build.

When I run it as
lambdabot
I get
Initialising plugins.....
(with lots of '.'s, presumably one '.' per plugin)
and then the command prompt returns.  There is no sign of a lambdabot running.

Any idea where I can start to diagnose what's going wrong?

(ghc-6.4.1, lambdabot-4.0, WinXP SP2)
--
Iain Alexander      [hidden email]

Re: Lambdabot not running on XP

Stefan O'Rear
On Thu, Mar 29, 2007 at 08:29:51PM +0100, Iain Alexander wrote:

> I eventually persuaded Plugin.Pl.Transform.hs to compile by disabling the
> optimisation, and with other bits of hackery got lambdabot to build.
>
> When I run it as
> lambdabot
> I get
> Initialising plugins.....
> (with lots of '.'s, presumably one '.' per plugin)
> and then the command prompt returns.  There is no sign of a lambdabot running.
>
> Any idea where I can start to diagnose what's going wrong?
>
> (ghc-6.4.1, lambdabot-4.0, WinXP SP2)

As a result of my recentish code cleanups, everything lambdabot does,
even the main command loop, is a @-command.  If you just run it as
'lambdabot', you give it zero commands, so it loads all plugins,
executes zero commands, and quits.  I suppose I could make the command
loop the default, but that is just too ugly since as it stands the
core doesn't know the command loop even exists.  You want 'lambdabot
-e offline' or 'lambdabot -e "rc online.rc"'.  Note that none of this
applies if you are using the tarball.

Stefan

Re: Lambdabot not running on XP

Tim Chevalier
On 3/29/07, Stefan O'Rear <[hidden email]> wrote:
> As a result of my recentish code cleanups, everything lambdabot does,
> even the main command loop, is a @-command.  If you just run it as
> 'lambdabot', you give it zero commands, so it loads all plugins,
> executes zero commands, and quits.

Since obviously at least one user found this confusing, perhaps you
might want to change it to print out a message like "No commands
given... exiting!" or something like that when it's invoked with no
arguments.

Cheers,
Tim

--
Tim Chevalier * [hidden email] * Often in error, never in doubt
Confused? See http://catamorphism.org/transition.html

Re: Lambdabot not running on XP

Dan Mead
lambdabot runs on xp?

=(

On 29 Mar 2007 at 15:18, Stefan O'Rear wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 29, 2007 at 08:29:51PM +0100, Iain Alexander wrote:
[snip]

> > (ghc-6.4.1, lambdabot-4.0, WinXP SP2)
>
> As a result of my recentish code cleanups, everything lambdabot does,
> even the main command loop, is a @-command.  If you just run it as
> 'lambdabot', you give it zero commands, so it loads all plugins,
> executes zero commands, and quits.  I suppose I could make the command
> loop the default, but that is just too ugly since as it stands the
> core doesn't know the command loop even exists.  You want 'lambdabot
> -e offline' or 'lambdabot -e "rc online.rc"'.  Note that none of this
> applies if you are using the tarball.

Usage: lambdabot [--online|--restricted]

(As I said, I'm using lambdabot-4.0)
--
Iain Alexander      [hidden email]