Language Extensions and TH

Hugo Pacheco
Hi all,

Is there a TH and recent GHC's extension type-indexed families interaction envisaged?
Is it feasible to think of such support?
I am not sure wether only Haskell 98 is supported or if any language extension is supported.

Thanks,
hugo

Re: Language Extensions and TH

Bugzilla from alfonso.acosta@gmail.com
> Is there a TH and recent GHC's extension type-indexed families interaction
> envisaged?
> Is it feasible to think of such support?
> I am not sure wether only Haskell 98 is supported or if any language
> extension is supported.

Some extensions such as functional dependencies, existentials and
pattern guards are supported. However, I'm afraid that is not (yet)
the case for type families: See
http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/1673 for details. It would
be good if you added yourself to the CC list of the bug.

Saludos,

Fons

Re: Language Extensions and TH

Hugo Pacheco
Thanks,

It does look quite an immatuI re to be brought to template haskell, and I doubt that it would be really necessary as a major feature. Myself, would simply like to be able to write TH code to automatically generate type family instances.

Cheers,
hugo