Lazy ST test code

David Feuer
I've come up with what might be a fix for a major thread safety bug in lazy ST. Fixing it involved making multiple non-trivial changes to a number of basic functions. Unfortunately, the GHC test suite barely touches lazy ST. Does anyone out there have some code that uses lazy ST in interesting ways but that only relies on the libraries that ship with GHC?

Re: Lazy ST test code

Albert Y. C. Lai
On 2017-01-29 02:22 AM, David Feuer wrote:
> I've come up with what might be a fix for a major thread safety bug in
> lazy ST. Fixing it involved making multiple non-trivial changes to a
> number of basic functions. Unfortunately, the GHC test suite barely
> touches lazy ST. Does anyone out there have some code that uses lazy ST
> in interesting ways but that only relies on the libraries that ship with
> GHC?

I don't normally use lazy ST, but I have some toy examples at
http://lpaste.net/63925 . You may like the fact that I got
strictToLazyST involved.

Re: Lazy ST test code

David Feuer
Thanks! I'll include these in my proposed additions to the GHC test suite, with your permission (releasing them under GHC's license terms).

Re: Lazy ST test code

Albert Y. C. Lai
OK yes, this is my message of explicit consent (in case it is needed).