Library for common AST transformations based on haskell-src-exts

Library for common AST transformations based on haskell-src-exts

Sandra Dylus
Hi,

in the last couple of years we had a number of projects that used haskell-src-exts [1]. In most of these cases we wanted to do some common AST transformations, e.g., translating function definitions via several rules into one rule using case expressions. So, after needing these transformations a couple of times, I was wondering if there is a library that works on top of haskell-src-exts and implements common transformations like the one mentioned. I took a look at the reverse dependencies of haskell-src-exts, but only found projects implementing these transformations as part of a bigger project.

In a nutshell, I am asking if I did miss such a library or if there does not exist such a library yet. If the latter is the case, we will definitely implement such a library as part of the next student project that builds upon haskell-src-exts.

Cheers
Sandra

Re: Library for common AST transformations based on haskell-src-exts

Alan & Kim Zimmerman
I think the haskell-tools[1] project may have something in it that can help.

It also provides various utility libraries [2],[3].

Alan