Looking for maintainers or comaintainers on my Haskell projects

Looking for maintainers or comaintainers on my Haskell projects

Christopher Done-2

Hi all,

The short version is: I’ve been battling RSI in my fingers for some years. I’m doing various things to mitigate that problem, but I have very limited finger bandwidth these days; enough to work at my usual pace at my job, but not much in the evenings and weekends, and so I can’t manage to do much on my hobby projects. I’m also not as motivated these days to work on my set of open source projects, and am turning my attention to different things. It’s not great, but that’s life.

I don’t think that the users of my packages are getting the best maintainership deal. Rather than be “the absentee maintainer”, I’d prefer a straight-forward transition of maintainership or ownership to someone who can put the right energy and time in.

In terms of packages, there are really two that have a significant maintenance burden and users aren’t being served very well:

  • HIndent has a significant amount of issues opened for it regularly, and many of them require discussion and debate. If someone would like to become a co-maintainer, let me know. It may (eventually) make sense to move it to a more general GitHub organization like commercialhaskell or haskell.
  • Intero, which seems to have been a success, has a pretty big maintenance burden on “this doesn’t work” kind of issues which require investigation. There’s some Emacs Lisp work to do on it, and some Haskell work on the intero binary, and a whole lot of platform-specific problems or tooling not working together. On the other hand people really like this project, and there’s a lot of tooling potential.

If you want to take xeno and make it into a publishable package, please do so.

The rest of my projects that are on Stackage are: labels, ace, ical, check-email, freenect, frisby, gd, ini, lucid, osdkeys, pdfinfo, present, pure-io, scrobble, shell-conduit, sourcemap, descriptive, wrap, path, weigh, haskell-docs, and structured-haskell-mode. If you’re interested in taking over or co-maintaining any of them, let me know. Some are interesting, others are boring, some are trivial.

I have other packages on Hackage, but they’re mostly dead or experiments that don’t need maintenance anyway.

I’ve started the process of adding or changing maintainers on my public services:

  • Haskell News is now a GitHub organization. Luke Murphy is a co-owner, and has full access to the DigitalOcean account that is running the service. So if you want to work on that project, I’m not in the way.
  • lpaste has been moved to its own DigitalOcean account too. If anyone is interested in taking over the project or co-running it, let me know.
  • tryhaskell doesn’t really require any maintenance, but it’s also on its own DigitalOcean account now too.
  • IRCBrowse is now on its own DigitalOcean account too. It requires maintenance once in a while. If anyone is interested in taking over the project or co-running it, let me know.

Cheers!

Re: Looking for maintainers or comaintainers on my Haskell projects

Joe Hillenbrand
I'm interested in co-maintaining path and ini

On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 9:18 AM, Christopher Done <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>
> I’ve started the process of adding or changing maintainers on my public
> services:
>
> Haskell News is now a GitHub organization. Luke Murphy is a co-owner, and
> has full access to the DigitalOcean account that is running the service. So
> if you want to work on that project, I’m not in the way.
> lpaste has been moved to its own DigitalOcean account too. If anyone is
> interested in taking over the project or co-running it, let me know.
> tryhaskell doesn’t really require any maintenance, but it’s also on its own
> DigitalOcean account now too.
> IRCBrowse is now on its own DigitalOcean account too. It requires
> maintenance once in a while. If anyone is interested in taking over the
> project or co-running it, let me know.
>
> Cheers!

Re: Looking for maintainers or comaintainers on my Haskell projects

Haskell - Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Hi!

I'd like to become co-maintainer of "path" which I already know a bit. I have also started watching a few of your other packages on GitHub.

I'm also in favour of moving "hindent" into the "commercialhaskell" organization.

Thanks for creating all these packages in the first place!

[...]

Wojciech Danilo
Chris, first of all, I'm sorry to hear about your problems and I hope you'll be getting better. Thank you for your input in Haskell community, we all know your libraries.
I'd love to be co-maintainer of path package. I use it extensively and was already planning to make some pull requests (allowing for example for env variables expansion).

All the best and thank you once again!
Wojciech

  • <a href="https://github.com/chrisdone/hindent" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fchrisdone%2Fhindent\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNER4XxXuP1RUT3w5vK-hJpBr9qJ2g&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fchrisdone%2Fhindent\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNER4XxXuP1RUT3w5vK-hJpBr9qJ2g&#39;;return true;">HIndent has a significant amount of issues opened for it regularly, and many of them require discussion and debate. If someone would like to become a co-maintainer, let me know. It may (eventually) make sense to move it to a more general GitHub organization like commercialhaskell or haskell.
  • <a href="https://github.com/commercialhaskell/intero/issues" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fcommercialhaskell%2Fintero%2Fissues\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFKeuUfPAq4Xl6_n1cClzw34eOiaw&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fcommercialhaskell%2Fintero%2Fissues\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFKeuUfPAq4Xl6_n1cClzw34eOiaw&#39;;return true;">Intero, which seems to have been a success, has a pretty big maintenance burden on “this doesn’t work” kind of issues which require investigation. There’s some Emacs Lisp work to do on it, and some Haskell work on the intero binary, and a whole lot of platform-specific problems or tooling not working together. On the other hand people really like this project, and there’s a lot of tooling potential.

If you want to take <a href="https://github.com/chrisdone/xeno" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fchrisdone%2Fxeno\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNHs4RY0bfeHEcwE1aqTtdNRdUSE2Q&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fchrisdone%2Fxeno\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNHs4RY0bfeHEcwE1aqTtdNRdUSE2Q&#39;;return true;">xeno and make it into a publishable package, please do so.

The rest of my projects that are on Stackage are: <a href="https://hackage.haskell.org/package/labels" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fhackage.haskell.org%2Fpackage%2Flabels\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNGqXfUmqEfZhE6bQpo2G0l2-BK4Lw&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fhackage.haskell.org%2Fpackage%2Flabels\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNGqXfUmqEfZhE6bQpo2G0l2-BK4Lw&#39;;return true;">labels, <a href="https://hackage.haskell.org/package/ace" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fhackage.haskell.org%2Fpackage%2Face\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNF1oRpKvfG_AZ5-qmSda8-cPyCOjA&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fhackage.haskell.org%2Fpackage%2Face\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNF1oRpKvfG_AZ5-qmSda8-cPyCOjA&#39;;return true;">ace, <a href="https://hackage.haskell.org/package/ical" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fhackage.haskell.org%2Fpackage%2Fical\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFaihet6IK7dm7A-Cv-uhOeUKR67g&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fhackage.haskell.org%2Fpackage%2Fical\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFaihet6IK7dm7A-Cv-uhOeUKR67g&#39;;return true;">ical, <a href="https://hackage.haskell.org/package/check-email" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fhackage.haskell.org%2Fpackage%2Fcheck-email\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNHcVlZ97Iq4ZVw6b2i96jW0Z3Wpng&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fhackage.haskell.org%2Fpackage%2Fcheck-email\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNHcVlZ97Iq4ZVw6b2i96jW0Z3Wpng&#39;;return true;">check-email, <a href="https://hackage.haskell.org/package/freenect" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fhackage.haskell.org%2Fpackage%2Ffreenect\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFBIkusRtAuNmD5EreoeveknX_0hQ&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fhackage.haskell.org%2Fpackage%2Ffreenect\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFBIkusRtAuNmD5EreoeveknX_0hQ&#39;;return true;">freenect, <a href="https://hackage.haskell.org/package/frisby" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fhackage.haskell.org%2Fpackage%2Ffrisby\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNG6hGotuFRfMypD9gxMFjqu4r7SlA&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fhackage.haskell.org%2Fpackage%2Ffrisby\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNG6hGotuFRfMypD9gxMFjqu4r7SlA&#39;;return true;">frisby, <a href="https://hackage.haskell.org/package/gd" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fhackage.haskell.org%2Fpackage%2Fgd\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNG_qJkVuTTnTcejgYSHmb92AFtdRA&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fhackage.haskell.org%2Fpackage%2Fgd\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNG_qJkVuTTnTcejgYSHmb92AFtdRA&#39;;return true;">gd, <a href="https://hackage.haskell.org/package/ini" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fhackage.haskell.org%2Fpackage%2Fini\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNEqT-Tn_0i04evxoX_IORHV1Dc82Q&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fhackage.haskell.org%2Fpackage%2Fini\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNEqT-Tn_0i04evxoX_IORHV1Dc82Q&#39;;return true;">ini, <a href="https://hackage.haskell.org/package/lucid" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fhackage.haskell.org%2Fpackage%2Flucid\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNG88DQUYnhCJroGrfAPTmKjlHQJvQ&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fhackage.haskell.org%2Fpackage%2Flucid\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNG88DQUYnhCJroGrfAPTmKjlHQJvQ&#39;;return true;">lucid, <a href="https://hackage.haskell.org/package/osdkeys" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fhackage.haskell.org%2Fpackage%2Fosdkeys\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNEMhUsh3usNpeAd--SI0yuR9a50gA&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fhackage.haskell.org%2Fpackage%2Fosdkeys\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNEMhUsh3usNpeAd--SI0yuR9a50gA&#39;;return true;">osdkeys, <a href="https://hackage.haskell.org/package/pdfinfo" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fhackage.haskell.org%2Fpackage%2Fpdfinfo\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNEEj68GLnm-LQU4-vFfxDjYQV-lbA&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fhackage.haskell.org%2Fpackage%2Fpdfinfo\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNEEj68GLnm-LQU4-vFfxDjYQV-lbA&#39;;return true;">pdfinfo, <a href="https://hackage.haskell.org/package/present" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fhackage.haskell.org%2Fpackage%2Fpresent\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNGt21SfH2O2SzBre9SQxzQ_yGvsfw&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fhackage.haskell.org%2Fpackage%2Fpresent\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNGt21SfH2O2SzBre9SQxzQ_yGvsfw&#39;;return true;">present, <a href="https://hackage.haskell.org/package/pure-io" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fhackage.haskell.org%2Fpackage%2Fpure-io\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNF1kjDHWH8qIcV0PPeLFFMVZyV2sA&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fhackage.haskell.org%2Fpackage%2Fpure-io\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNF1kjDHWH8qIcV0PPeLFFMVZyV2sA&#39;;return true;">pure-io, <a href="https://hackage.haskell.org/package/scrobble" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fhackage.haskell.org%2Fpackage%2Fscrobble\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFM2lGv1lSJDg9ok-_MjF_YGWfv_w&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fhackage.haskell.org%2Fpackage%2Fscrobble\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFM2lGv1lSJDg9ok-_MjF_YGWfv_w&#39;;return true;">scrobble, <a href="https://hackage.haskell.org/package/shell-conduit" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fhackage.haskell.org%2Fpackage%2Fshell-conduit\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNHkmo8DAksPkSYRBxtZoxJTDtY-LQ&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fhackage.haskell.org%2Fpackage%2Fshell-conduit\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNHkmo8DAksPkSYRBxtZoxJTDtY-LQ&#39;;return true;">shell-conduit, <a href="https://hackage.haskell.org/package/sourcemap" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fhackage.haskell.org%2Fpackage%2Fsourcemap\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNEON_BhOD-fYLZYUtF7I98tpvLRTg&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fhackage.haskell.org%2Fpackage%2Fsourcemap\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNEON_BhOD-fYLZYUtF7I98tpvLRTg&#39;;return true;">sourcemap, <a href="https://hackage.haskell.org/package/descriptive" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fhackage.haskell.org%2Fpackage%2Fdescriptive\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFsfib8bipCEfAuJMB1_0d8LoXJUA&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fhackage.haskell.org%2Fpackage%2Fdescriptive\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFsfib8bipCEfAuJMB1_0d8LoXJUA&#39;;return true;">descriptive, <a href="https://hackage.haskell.org/package/wrap" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fhackage.haskell.org%2Fpackage%2Fwrap\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNG2_h_MU3WebPIVMa3OBrvNMrGYhg&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fhackage.haskell.org%2Fpackage%2Fwrap\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNG2_h_MU3WebPIVMa3OBrvNMrGYhg&#39;;return true;">wrap, <a href="https://hackage.haskell.org/package/path" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fhackage.haskell.org%2Fpackage%2Fpath\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFcF-pQyZzkYqOvhKa-Qp8BBML5lA&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fhackage.haskell.org%2Fpackage%2Fpath\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFcF-pQyZzkYqOvhKa-Qp8BBML5lA&#39;;return true;">path, <a href="https://hackage.haskell.org/package/weigh" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fhackage.haskell.org%2Fpackage%2Fweigh\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNEbfOHhotMA1Rl9SDhReZpNVln23Q&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fhackage.haskell.org%2Fpackage%2Fweigh\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNEbfOHhotMA1Rl9SDhReZpNVln23Q&#39;;return true;">weigh, <a href="https://hackage.haskell.org/package/haskell-docs" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fhackage.haskell.org%2Fpackage%2Fhaskell-docs\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNE2yh9lCm-16O5ZkfbQLwg0lwNyiA&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fhackage.haskell.org%2Fpackage%2Fhaskell-docs\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNE2yh9lCm-16O5ZkfbQLwg0lwNyiA&#39;;return true;">haskell-docs, and <a href="https://hackage.haskell.org/package/structured-haskell-mode" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fhackage.haskell.org%2Fpackage%2Fstructured-haskell-mode\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFY_mNT3CzQhVia3vkOM72QgtDIlw&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fhackage.haskell.org%2Fpackage%2Fstructured-haskell-mode\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFY_mNT3CzQhVia3vkOM72QgtDIlw&#39;;return true;">structured-haskell-mode. If you’re interested in taking over or co-maintaining any of them, let me know. Some are interesting, others are boring, some are trivial.

  • <a href="https://github.com/haskellnews" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fhaskellnews\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNHOfJRmZJiPLggD02x2qM-Y4hutSg&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fhaskellnews\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNHOfJRmZJiPLggD02x2qM-Y4hutSg&#39;;return true;">Haskell News is now a GitHub organization. Luke Murphy is a co-owner, and has full access to the DigitalOcean account that is running the service. So if you want to work on that project, I’m not in the way.
  • <a href="https://github.com/lpaste/lpaste" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Flpaste%2Flpaste\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNGLnsp4w0maTm-b_-Fo9dCSPjx8UA&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Flpaste%2Flpaste\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNGLnsp4w0maTm-b_-Fo9dCSPjx8UA&#39;;return true;">lpaste has been moved to its own DigitalOcean account too. If anyone is interested in taking over the project or co-running it, let me know.
  • <a href="https://github.com/chrisdone/tryhaskell" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fchrisdone%2Ftryhaskell\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNHzhn3WTZ-3YN6MoRj8SqLWMYtczQ&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fchrisdone%2Ftryhaskell\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNHzhn3WTZ-3YN6MoRj8SqLWMYtczQ&#39;;return true;">tryhaskell doesn’t really require any maintenance, but it’s also on its own DigitalOcean account now too.
  • <a href="https://github.com/chrisdone/ircbrowse" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fchrisdone%2Fircbrowse\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNF_72wQNZ8MZsgM0o5ZKD7obQ2BFQ&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fchrisdone%2Fircbrowse\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNF_72wQNZ8MZsgM0o5ZKD7obQ2BFQ&#39;;return true;">IRCBrowse is now on its own DigitalOcean account too. It requires maintenance once in a while. If anyone is interested in taking over the project or co-running it, let me know.

Cheers!

Re: Looking for maintainers or comaintainers on my Haskell projects

Sibi
Thanks for your effort. I'm interested in co-maintaining "shell-conduit" and "check-email".

Regards,
Sibi

On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 10:48 PM, Christopher Done <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Sibi, [hidden email]
Software Engineer @ Inkmonk,
Twitter/github/identi.ca: psibi
GPG Fingerpint: A241 B3D6 F4FD D40D D7DE B1C6 D19E 3E0E BB55 7613
Registered Linux User ID: 534664

Re: Looking for maintainers or comaintainers on my Haskell projects

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
And here I was thinking I was already the maintainer of haskell-docs... ;-)

I'd like to help with structured-haskell-mode, but my elisp-fu is
unsufficient :(

On 1 March 2017 at 04:18, Christopher Done <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> others are boring, some are trivial.
>
> I have other packages on Hackage, but they’re mostly dead or experiments
> that don’t need maintenance anyway.
>
> I’ve started the process of adding or changing maintainers on my public
> services:
>
> Haskell News is now a GitHub organization. Luke Murphy is a co-owner, and
> has full access to the DigitalOcean account that is running the service. So
> if you want to work on that project, I’m not in the way.
> lpaste has been moved to its own DigitalOcean account too. If anyone is
> interested in taking over the project or co-running it, let me know.
> tryhaskell doesn’t really require any maintenance, but it’s also on its own
> DigitalOcean account now too.
> IRCBrowse is now on its own DigitalOcean account too. It requires
> maintenance once in a while. If anyone is interested in taking over the

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
[hidden email]
http://IvanMiljenovic.wordpress.com

Re: Looking for maintainers or comaintainers on my Haskell projects

sighingnow

Hi!

I’m interested in co-maintaining the Hindent project. I use Hindent extensively and I have

submitted several patches to Hindent on github during the last year. I would like to contribute

to improving Hindent and making it better.

Thanks.

Tao He

Re: Looking for maintainers or comaintainers on my Haskell projects

Ertugrul Söylemez-3
Hi Christopher,

> The short version is: I’ve been battling RSI in my fingers for some
> years.  I’m doing various things to mitigate that problem, but I have
> very limited finger bandwidth these days; enough to work at my usual
> pace at my job, but not much in the evenings and weekends, and so I
> can’t manage to do much on my hobby projects. I’m also not as
> motivated these days to work on my set of open source projects, and am
> turning my attention to different things.  It’s not great, but that’s
> life.

Sorry to read that.  Thank you for all of your contributions!

> I have other packages on Hackage, but they’re mostly dead or experiments
> that don’t need maintenance anyway.

As a heavy user of the foreign-store package I wouldn't mind
comaintaining or even maintaining it.  It's the key dependency of Rapid.
My Hackage username is 'esz', my GitHub username is 'esoeylemez'.

Greets
ertes

Re: Looking for maintainers or comaintainers on my Haskell projects

Mario Blažević
I'm willing to take over the maintenance of frisby, as I already have
some experience with parser combinator libraries.

On 2017-02-28 12:18 PM, Christopher Done wrote:

> [...]
>     DigitalOcean account that is running the service. So if you want to
>     work on that project, I’m not in the way.
>   * lpaste <https://github.com/lpaste/lpaste> has been moved to its own
>     DigitalOcean account too. If anyone is interested in taking over the
>     project or co-running it, let me know.
>   * tryhaskell <https://github.com/chrisdone/tryhaskell> doesn’t really
>     require any maintenance, but it’s also on its own DigitalOcean
>     account now too.
>   * IRCBrowse <https://github.com/chrisdone/ircbrowse> is now on its own
>     DigitalOcean account too. It requires maintenance once in a while.
>     If anyone is interested in taking over the project or co-running it,
>     let me know.
>
> Cheers!
>
> ​

Re: Looking for maintainers or comaintainers on my Haskell projects

Ben Franksen
Am 02.03.2017 um 23:15 schrieb Mario Blažević:
> I'm willing to take over the maintenance of frisby, as I already have
> some experience with parser combinator libraries.

It has been a while since I looked at frisby. I do remember that I had
several issues with it and found that the code was pretty hard to
understand, due to numerous unsafe optimization hacks. I'd be glad if
someone cleaned that up, so that it becomes easier to fix errors but I
guess that would be a piece of work, probably amounting to a re-write of
sorts. (To be clear, none of this is Chris' fault, of course, he just
updated cabal stuff.)

Cheers
Ben

Re: Looking for maintainers or comaintainers on my Haskell projects

Mario Blažević-3
On 04/03/17 01:04 PM, Ben Franksen wrote:

> Am 02.03.2017 um 23:15 schrieb Mario Blažević:
>> I'm willing to take over the maintenance of frisby, as I already have
>> some experience with parser combinator libraries.
>
> It has been a while since I looked at frisby. I do remember that I had
> several issues with it and found that the code was pretty hard to
> understand, due to numerous unsafe optimization hacks. I'd be glad if
> someone cleaned that up, so that it becomes easier to fix errors but I
> guess that would be a piece of work, probably amounting to a re-write
> of sorts. (To be clear, none of this is Chris' fault, of course, he
> just updated cabal stuff.)

I suppose the first order of business would then be to write a test and
benchmark suite, to make sure that the modifications don't break
something. Mind you, there are no dependencies for the library (apart
from acme-everything of course). Is anybody using it privately?

Re: Looking for maintainers or comaintainers on my Haskell projects

Gershom Bazerman
On March 1, 2017 at 5:17:21 AM, Christopher Done ([hidden email]) wrote:
> Thank you everyone for the support! I've received a number of offers of
> help which I'll be pursuing immediately. :-)

Has anyone offered to help with tryhaskell.org? And, if not, would anyone like to? :-)

There are a few tickets in the haskell repo pertaining to it, so it would probably be good to share the work around a bit to keep the machine humming in decent shape.

Thanks for your work on all these resources for all these years Chris, and thanks for being proactive about transition of maintainership.

Cheers,
Gershom

> [...]
> > services:
> >
> > - Haskell News is now a GitHub
> > organization. Luke Murphy is a co-owner, and has full access to the
> > DigitalOcean account that is running the service. So if you want to work on
> > that project, I’m not in the way.
> > - lpaste has been moved to its own
> > DigitalOcean account too. If anyone is interested in taking over the
> > project or co-running it, let me know.
> > - tryhaskell doesn’t really
> > require any maintenance, but it’s also on its own DigitalOcean account now
> > too.
> > - IRCBrowse is now on its own
> > DigitalOcean account too. It requires maintenance once in a while. If
> > anyone is interested in taking over the project or co-running it, let me
> > know.
> >
> > Cheers!

Re: Looking for maintainers or comaintainers on my Haskell projects

I'm not sure that anyone's using it. I originally found it on John Meacham's web site and offered to push it to Hackage. It hasn't been touched since. I once decided to sit down and modernize it, but realized I don't actually understand any of the laziness tricks in it.

Anybody's welcome to pick it up and take it to the cleaners!

Am <a href="tel:02.03.2017" value="+3902032017" target="_blank">02.03.2017 um 23:15 schrieb Mario Blažević:
[...]

Two people offered to help on tryhaskell maintenance. They now have ssh access and commit access! =)

On 2017-03-15 10:20 AM, Christopher Done wrote:
> I'm not sure that anyone's using it. I originally found it on John
> Meacham's web site and offered to push it to Hackage. It hasn't been
> touched since. I once decided to sit down and modernize it, but realized
> I don't actually understand any of the laziness tricks in it.

        I'm comfortable with laziness tricks, somewhat less so with "numerous
unsafe optimization hacks".

> Anybody's welcome to pick it up and take it to the cleaners!

        Ok, I'll take it. My GitHub account is blamario. I don't suppose John
Meacham would be interested?

> On 5 March 2017 at 23:29, Mario Blažević <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     On 04/03/17 01:04 PM, Ben Franksen wrote:
>
>         Am 02.03.2017 <tel:02.03.2017> um 23:15 schrieb Mario Blažević:
>
>             I'm willing to take over the maintenance of frisby, as I
>             already have
>             some experience with parser combinator libraries.
>

>         It has been a while since I looked at frisby. I do remember that
>         I had several issues with it and found that the code was pretty
>         hard to understand, due to numerous unsafe optimization hacks.
>         I'd be glad if someone cleaned that up, so that it becomes
>         easier to fix errors but I guess that would be a piece of work,
>         probably amounting to a re-write of sorts. (To be clear, none of
>         this is Chris' fault, of course, he just updated cabal stuff.)
>

>     I suppose the first order of business would then be to write a test
>     and benchmark suite, to make sure that the modifications don't break
>     something. Mind you, there are no dependencies for the library
>     (apart from acme-everything of course). Is anybody using it privately?

>     Only members subscribed via the mailman list are allowed to post.

Re: Looking for maintainers or comaintainers on my Haskell projects

Gershom Bazerman
Great!

It seems that the issue tracker on
https://github.com/tryhaskell/tryhaskell is disabled? I wanted to
create a ticket to reference
https://github.com/haskell-infra/hl/issues/203

but couldn't see how.

Cheers,
Gershom

Am 15.03.2017 um 17:15 schrieb Mario Blažević:

> On 2017-03-15 10:20 AM, Christopher Done wrote:
>> I'm not sure that anyone's using it. I originally found it on John
>> Meacham's web site and offered to push it to Hackage. It hasn't been
>> touched since. I once decided to sit down and modernize it, but realized
>> I don't actually understand any of the laziness tricks in it.
>
>     I'm comfortable with laziness tricks, somewhat less so with
> "numerous unsafe optimization hacks".
>
>> Anybody's welcome to pick it up and take it to the cleaners!
>
>     Ok, I'll take it. My GitHub account is blamario. I don't suppose
> John Meacham would be interested?

I am glad my remark didn't scare you off, in retrospect my wording was
perhaps a bit strong. Yes, John did a lot to make things as lazy as
possible to avoid excessive memory consumption (cool to say that, isn't
it). There is also some ugly type casting (unsafeCoerce) going on, since
the parser keeps the alternatives in an array (remember that this is a
packrat parser).

Unfortunately I can't spare the time to work on this ATM. But I would be
glad if you would revive the project. PEGs offer some unique advantages
for day-to-day parsing tasks, where you can't be bothered to write a
separate lexer or mess around with 'try' until your harmless looking
grammar actually accepts the source language. A fair portion of these
can nowadays be handled nicely with regex-applicative (many file formats
are actually regular) but now and again there is one where you need the
power of a CFG.

Cheers
Ben