MR titles

GHC - devs mailing list

Friends

In this MR, Vlad includes the number of the ticket it fixes in the title of the MR.

That is so helpful:

  • It links the MR back to the issue
  • And does so in large font (screen shot below)
  • And the link is clickable, even in the title.

I suggest we document this in our GHC-best-practice guide, and get everyone to do it.

Would you agree

image001.jpg (18K) Download Attachment

RE: MR titles

GHC - devs mailing list

This is part of our contributing guide at work

Do you have other advice from your contributing guide that we could learn from?

Simon

Re: MR titles

Richard Eisenberg-5
Might I also suggest that we put a very brief summary of the area of GHC that the MR fixes in the title? With the way that GitLab puts numbers at the end of subject lines, it's harder to recognize tickets by number now. By including a few keywords in the MR title, I can find ones of interest more easily.

Regardless, putting the ticket number in the title should be a higher priority.

Richard

On May 8, 2019, at 4:51 AM, Simon Peyton Jones via ghc-devs <[hidden email]> wrote:

Friends

In this MR, Vlad includes the number of the ticket it fixes in the title of the MR.

That is so helpful:

  • It links the MR back to the issue
  • And does so in large font (screen shot below)
  • And the link is clickable, even in the title.

I suggest we document this in our GHC-best-practice guide, and get everyone to do it.

Would you agree

Simon

<image001.jpg>