Maintenance of streaming and streaming-bytestring

Maintenance of streaming and streaming-bytestring

Andrew Martin
David Feuer brought this up two weeks ago [0]. The maintainer of streaming and streaming-bytestring has been unreachable, and provided his continued absence, I would like to become a maintainer of these two libraries. I have put up PRs fixing issues [1] and I've offered on the issue tracker to become a comaintainer [2]. I use this library a lot at work, so I have an interest in keeping it in good shape.

Re: Maintenance of streaming and streaming-bytestring

Andrew Martin
Thanks adding me as a maintainer. I'm new to this process, so I appreciate the tip about [hidden email] as well.

-Andrew Martin

On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 3:57 PM, Erik Hesselink <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Andrew,

We usually allow about 3 weeks for the maintainer to respond. Since that time has now passed I've added you as a maintainer for streaming and streaming-bytestring. Let me know if there's anything else you need.

For others looking to take over a package in the future, please CC [hidden email], there's a higher chance I'll see it there than just on the email lists.

Regards,

Erik (hackage admin)

On 12 September 2017 at 20:18, Andrew Martin <[hidden email]> wrote:
Are there any further steps that I can take?

--
-Andrew Thaddeus Martin

-Andrew Thaddeus Martin

Re: Maintenance of streaming and streaming-bytestring

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Since you've seem to set this up as an organisation, would you be
interested in my moving over the various streaming libraries I have
there as well?

On 14 September 2017 at 03:31, Andrew Martin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The streaming and streaming-bytestring libraries are now being maintained
> here: https://github.com/haskell-streaming
>
> On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 4:50 PM, Andrew Martin <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks adding me as a maintainer. I'm new to this process, so I appreciate
>> the tip about [hidden email] as well.
>>
>> -Andrew Martin
>>
>> On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 3:57 PM, Erik Hesselink <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Andrew,
>>>
>>> We usually allow about 3 weeks for the maintainer to respond. Since that
>>> time has now passed I've added you as a maintainer for streaming and
>>> streaming-bytestring. Let me know if there's anything else you need.
>>>
>>> For others looking to take over a package in the future, please CC
>>> [hidden email], there's a higher chance I'll see it there than
>>> just on the email lists.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Erik (hackage admin)

>> --
>> -Andrew Thaddeus Martin
>

> --
> -Andrew Thaddeus Martin

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
[hidden email]
http://IvanMiljenovic.wordpress.com

Re: Maintenance of streaming and streaming-bytestring

Bardur Arantsson-2
On 2017-09-13 19:31, Andrew Martin wrote:
> The streaming and streaming-bytestring libraries are now being
> maintained here: https://github.com/haskell-streaming

You might want to upload a new package to Hackage with a change of URL
:). The Hackage package currently points to the old GitHub.

Re: Maintenance of streaming and streaming-bytestring

Andrew Martin
If I can do that with a hackage revision, i'll go ahead and do that tonight. If not, there will probably be a new release for both of them in the next week anyway, so I would just wait until then to do it.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Sep 14, 2017, at 6:08 PM, Bardur Arantsson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On 2017-09-13 19:31, Andrew Martin wrote:
>> The streaming and streaming-bytestring libraries are now being
>> maintained here: https://github.com/haskell-streaming
>>

> You might want to upload a new package to Hackage with a change of URL
> :). The Hackage package currently points to the old GitHub.

Re: Maintenance of streaming and streaming-bytestring

David Feuer
Having an organization (with multiple owners and members) makes for much smoother transitions when maintainers change. That goes triple for unexpected changes. There's (still!) no really good way to migrate an issue tracker or PRs from one repository to another. Unfortunately, for that same reason, I believe that actually moving your project to the organization will be quite unpleasant if there are more than a few open tickets. And if there are more than a few closed tickets, then preserving history in a useful history seems hard too. Maybe someone else knows a reason this isn't actually terrible.

David

On Sep 14, 2017 1:10 AM, "Ivan Lazar Miljenovic" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Since you've seem to set this up as an organisation, would you be
interested in my moving over the various streaming libraries I have
there as well?

On 14 September 2017 at 03:31, Andrew Martin <[hidden email]> wrote:
> The streaming and streaming-bytestring libraries are now being maintained
> here: https://github.com/haskell-streaming
>
> On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 4:50 PM, Andrew Martin <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks adding me as a maintainer. I'm new to this process, so I appreciate
>> the tip about [hidden email] as well.
>>
>> -Andrew Martin
>>
>> On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 3:57 PM, Erik Hesselink <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Andrew,
>>>
>>> We usually allow about 3 weeks for the maintainer to respond. Since that
>>> time has now passed I've added you as a maintainer for streaming and
>>> streaming-bytestring. Let me know if there's anything else you need.
>>>
>>> For others looking to take over a package in the future, please CC
>>> [hidden email], there's a higher chance I'll see it there than
>>> just on the email lists.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Erik (hackage admin)

>> --
>> -Andrew Thaddeus Martin
>

> --
> -Andrew Thaddeus Martin

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
[hidden email]
http://IvanMiljenovic.wordpress.com

Re: Maintenance of streaming and streaming-bytestring

Andrew Martin
Yes. Carter's suggestion is what I just thinking of. The transfer completely preserves everything.

On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 1:23 PM, Carter Schonwald <[hidden email]> wrote:
GitHub has a transfer repo ownership toggle you can do to move the main repo and it's assets