Make floating window stick to screen

Jakob Schöttl
Hello,

I would like to have a floating window that keep staying on a certain
xinerama screen rather than a certain workspace.

Is it possible to implement this? Can I create a key binding to toggle
'stick to screen'.

In case I have to create my own event hook impl, how can I react on
workspace switching? And how can xmonad 'remember' the sticky window(s)?

Thank you!
Regards, Jakob

--
Jakob Schöttl
E-Mail: [hidden email]

Re: Make floating window stick to screen

Brandon Allbery
On Mon, Mar 28, 2016 at 11:13 AM, Jakob Schöttl <[hidden email]> wrote:
I would like to have a floating window that keep staying on a certain xinerama screen rather than a certain workspace.

XMonad.Actions.CopyWindow.copyToAll

Technically this puts it on all workspaces and therefore "all" screens. In practice X11 only allows the window to be in one place at a time, so whatever screen it's on when you copyToAll it is where it will stay.