Meet up at ICFP?

José Manuel Calderón Trilla
Hello Haskell Prime,

On IRC Andres Löh suggested that we have a haskell prime gathering
that coincides with ICFP. I told him that I'd take on organizing it,
and now that we're only a few weeks away it's probably time to do so.

First and foremost, the main purpose of this would be to meet each
other, put faces to names, and get a sense of who is interested in
what. We aren't trying to finalise any decisions via back-room
discussions :)

So with that in mind, if you're interested, please email me with your
availability. Non-committee members are welcome to email me as well.
I'll find the time that works for most and sort something out.

There are a few ICFP-wide constraints:

Monday Sept. 19th, 18:30 - 20:30: Welcome reception and
student-research competition
Tuesday Sept. 20th, 19:00 -21:00: Reception and Banquet
Thursday Sept. 22nd, 18:30 - 20:30: Industrial Reception

If there are any other constraints that you know of (PC meetings,
Steering Committee meetings, etc) let me know.

Cheers,

José

Re: Meet up at ICFP?

José Manuel Calderón Trilla
Hello again,

Thanks for everyone that emailed me with their constraints, and those
that let me know they can't make it but they have specific concerns,
I'll make sure those are heard.

Luckily from a constraint point of view people seem pretty flexible.
Richard Eisenberg suggest that lunch on Monday might be a good time.
Are people okay with that? I can reach out to the local organisers to
see if they can set aside a table/space for those of us that want to
meet. Lunch seems like a good idea as that leaves the evenings open
for impromptu plans that tend to come up at ICFP.

Another time that works for everyone is Wednesday evening. I'm happy
to sort something out if that's what people prefer.

For now let's plan on Monday lunch and if there's a big conflict we're
change course.

Richard has also volunteered to act as secretary for the meeting so
that the minutes of the meeting can be posted. Thanks Richard!

Thanks everyone,

Jose

On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 8:08 PM, José Manuel Calderón Trilla
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Haskell Prime,
>
> On IRC Andres Löh suggested that we have a haskell prime gathering
> that coincides with ICFP. I told him that I'd take on organizing it,
> and now that we're only a few weeks away it's probably time to do so.
>
> First and foremost, the main purpose of this would be to meet each
> other, put faces to names, and get a sense of who is interested in
> what. We aren't trying to finalise any decisions via back-room
> discussions :)
>
> So with that in mind, if you're interested, please email me with your
> availability. Non-committee members are welcome to email me as well.
> I'll find the time that works for most and sort something out.
>
> There are a few ICFP-wide constraints:
>
> Monday Sept. 19th, 18:30 - 20:30: Welcome reception and
> student-research competition
> Tuesday Sept. 20th, 19:00 -21:00: Reception and Banquet
> Thursday Sept. 22nd, 18:30 - 20:30: Industrial Reception
>
> If there are any other constraints that you know of (PC meetings,
> Steering Committee meetings, etc) let me know.
>
> Cheers,
>
> José

Re: Meet up at ICFP?

Mario Blazevic-2
On 2016-09-14 02:17 PM, José Manuel Calderón Trilla wrote:
> Richard has also volunteered to act as secretary for the meeting so
> that the minutes of the meeting can be posted. Thanks Richard!

Thanks from all of us who can't attend as well. Please do post the minutes!

Re: Meet up at ICFP?

Carter Schonwald
yeah, i couldn't make it too :(

On 2016-09-14 02:17 PM, José Manuel Calderón Trilla wrote:
Richard has also volunteered to act as secretary for the meeting so
that the minutes of the meeting can be posted. Thanks Richard!

Thanks from all of us who can't attend as well. Please do post the minutes!

Re: Meet up at ICFP?

Henrik Nilsson-2
Dear all,

Same here. I will unfortunately not be attending ICFP.

/Henrik

Henrik Nilsson
School of Computer Science
The University of Nottingham

On 2016-09-14 02:17 PM, José Manuel Calderón Trilla wrote:
Richard has also volunteered to act as secretary for the meeting so
that the minutes of the meeting can be posted. Thanks Richard!

Thanks from all of us who can't attend as well. Please do post the minutes!

University of Nottingham.

permitted by UK legislation.