Modify quickstart page to use hadrian rather than make?

Modify quickstart page to use hadrian rather than make?

Matthew Pickering
Hi all,

I propose that we modify the quickstart page so that the instructions
use hadrian rather than make.

At this point I don't see why a newcomer should have to use the make
build system.

https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/wikis/building/quick-start

Cheers,

Matt

Re: Modify quickstart page to use hadrian rather than make?

GHC - devs mailing list

On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 5:05 AM Matthew Pickering <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

I propose that we modify the quickstart page so that the instructions
use hadrian rather than make.

At this point I don't see why a newcomer should have to use the make
build system.

https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/wikis/building/quick-start

I second this. I would go further and advocate that such instructions should include passing the `--configure`flag.

Cheers,

Matt

--
Shayne Fletcher
Language Engineer / +1 917 699 7663

This message, and any attachments, is for the intended recipient(s) only, may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or proprietary and subject to important terms and conditions available at http://www.digitalasset.com/emaildisclaimer.html. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message.