Moving travis CI repo to git.haskell.org?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Moving travis CI repo to git.haskell.org?

Joachim Breitner-2
Hi,

so far the experiment with
https://travis-ci.org/nomeata/ghc-complete/builds is quite successful.
Now that I started to also run the testsuite with -DDEBUG I was able
spot some tests broken due to asserts in a timely manner, timely enough
to identify (with high certainty) the causing commit.

So it is a useful tool, and I would like to see it at
https://travis-ci.org/ghc/ghc-complete/ghc instead, i.e. not tied to my
name. Unfortunately, I cannot do that myself. Therefore, if you agree
that this is a good thing (until we have a CI of our own), would someone
with appropriate permissions please
 * Pull the repo from https://github.com/nomeata/ghc-complete to  
   git.haskell.org.
 * Set up the mirror on github.com/ghc for ghc-complete (if that is a
   separate step)
 * and enable it on travis-ci.org.

Once that is done I can change my cronjob (which is generating the
commits) to push to git.haskell.org. If you also want to run that code,
even better: just set up a cronjob that calls update.sh in a checkout of
the repo, and adjust the --author flag therein.

Greetings,
Joachim

--
Joachim ?nomeata? Breitner
  mail at joachim-breitner.de ? http://www.joachim-breitner.de/
  Jabber: nomeata at joachim-breitner.de  ? GPG-Key: 0x4743206C
  Debian Developer: nomeata at debian.org
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 198 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
URL: <http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/ghc-devs/attachments/20131122/b5740efa/attachment.sig>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Moving travis CI repo to git.haskell.org?

Johan Tibell-2
What's the difference between the ghc and ghc-complete repos?


On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 11:08 PM, Joachim Breitner <mail at joachim-breitner.de
> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> so far the experiment with
> https://travis-ci.org/nomeata/ghc-complete/builds is quite successful.
> Now that I started to also run the testsuite with -DDEBUG I was able
> spot some tests broken due to asserts in a timely manner, timely enough
> to identify (with high certainty) the causing commit.
>
> So it is a useful tool, and I would like to see it at
> https://travis-ci.org/ghc/ghc-complete/ghc instead, i.e. not tied to my
> name. Unfortunately, I cannot do that myself. Therefore, if you agree
> that this is a good thing (until we have a CI of our own), would someone
> with appropriate permissions please
>  * Pull the repo from https://github.com/nomeata/ghc-complete to
>    git.haskell.org.
>  * Set up the mirror on github.com/ghc for ghc-complete (if that is a
>    separate step)
>  * and enable it on travis-ci.org.
>
> Once that is done I can change my cronjob (which is generating the
> commits) to push to git.haskell.org. If you also want to run that code,
> even better: just set up a cronjob that calls update.sh in a checkout of
> the repo, and adjust the --author flag therein.
>
> Greetings,
> Joachim
>
> --
> Joachim ?nomeata? Breitner
>   mail at joachim-breitner.de ? http://www.joachim-breitner.de/
>   Jabber: nomeata at joachim-breitner.de  ? GPG-Key: 0x4743206C
>   Debian Developer: nomeata at debian.org
>
> _______________________________________________
> ghc-devs mailing list
> ghc-devs at haskell.org
> http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/ghc-devs
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/ghc-devs/attachments/20131122/3b7a30d0/attachment.html>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Moving travis CI repo to git.haskell.org?

Joachim Breitner-2
Hi,

Am Freitag, den 22.11.2013, 23:36 +0100 schrieb Johan Tibell:
> What's the difference between the ghc and ghc-complete repos?

ghc-complete is a repository that contains (besides some scripts) only
one file, a fingerprint:

~/build/haskell/ghc-complete $ cat fingerprint
.|5874f13fd83409b28c4f781a93e80f4605d0593e
libffi-tarballs|a0088d1da0e171849ddb47a46c869856037a01d1
libraries/Cabal|e3e3702a6997f9a431ca562156cf667c93bd0e5e
libraries/Win32|3da00d80f2fd7d1032e3530e1af1b39fba79aac3
libraries/array|26ff04744117b0ad8233a1a2b5635fa1277b88d9
libraries/base|f3e5ad387c2e77bed36fc41b6319514fc38e59f2
libraries/binary|2799c25d85b4627200f2e4dcb30d2128488780c3
...

It is updated regularly (currently a cronjob every 15 minutes, ideally
by push hooks), and each push triggers a build of exactly these recorded
versions of all components via travis:
https://travis-ci.org/nomeata/ghc-complete/builds

This way, travis builds are triggered also by updates to, say, the
testsuite, it allows for reproducible builds, and possibly allows
bisecting and other stuff. It is a weak substitute for having everything
in proper submodules.

As a developer, you usually would not interact with ghc-complete.

Greetings,
Joachim

--
Joachim ?nomeata? Breitner
  mail at joachim-breitner.de ? http://www.joachim-breitner.de/
  Jabber: nomeata at joachim-breitner.de  ? GPG-Key: 0x4743206C
  Debian Developer: nomeata at debian.org
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 198 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
URL: <http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/ghc-devs/attachments/20131122/316cd3db/attachment.sig>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Moving travis CI repo to git.haskell.org?

Joachim Breitner-2
Hi,

Am Freitag, den 22.11.2013, 23:23 +0000 schrieb Joachim Breitner:
> It is updated regularly (currently a cronjob every 15 minutes, ideally
> by push hooks), and each push triggers a build of exactly these recorded
> versions of all components via travis:
> https://travis-ci.org/nomeata/ghc-complete/builds

I just found this alternative front-end to travis:
https://travis-lite.com/nomeata/ghc-complete
It does not use fancy Javascript to show the logs, so you can actually
watch our (quite large) logs conveniently there.

Greetings,
Joachim

--
Joachim ?nomeata? Breitner
  mail at joachim-breitner.de ? http://www.joachim-breitner.de/
  Jabber: nomeata at joachim-breitner.de  ? GPG-Key: 0x4743206C
  Debian Developer: nomeata at debian.org
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 198 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
URL: <http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/ghc-devs/attachments/20131206/571e98e8/attachment.sig>