Multiple compiles with cabal

Ernesto Rodriguez
Dear Cafe,

I have a program [1] which half of the code is meant to be compiled with GHCJS and the other half with GHC (Or any other Haskell compiler). Currently I do the compilation separately and simply include the compiled JS as a static resource for the regular project.

Has anyone run into a similar scenario? Can Cabal handle this? Is there some way of having multiple compiles w/o requiring a shell script to initialize them?

Thank you & Cheers

N.

[1] https://github.com/netogallo/Cryptographer (annoying bc Github now believes my project is like 99% JS since the GHCJS runtime is bundled as a static resource)

--
Ernesto Rodriguez

Masters Student
Computer Science
Utrecht University

Re: Multiple compiles with cabal

Carlos López Camey
Hi Ernesto, cool project! Have you considered shake as an alternative
to a shell script? There is I believe "a frontend for the build"
written for cabal https://github.com/samplecount/shake-cabal-build

It'd be possible to split your build in two cabal packages, i.e. make
the GHC build depend on the GHCJS build, by writing two shakefile.hs
build files. Or, you could write one shakefile.hs so that you can
compile everything with one "cabal install".