NOTE: the primary webserver is going down for immediate maintenance.

NOTE: the primary webserver is going down for immediate maintenance.

Austin Seipp-5
Hello *,

The primary haskell.org domain, www.haskell.org, is hosted on a system
which seems to have lost one of its RAID disks completely.

We were planning on moving this machine in the next few weeks to new
infrastructure, but we are now expediting this plan and will be doing
it ASAP.

As we move this server, both the webserver and the mailing system will
be going down. Please don't be alarmed if your emails aren't delivered
or things go quiet. Many services will continue to work, but we do
realize this will be upsetting for many.

You can follow the progress on #haskell-infrastructure on Freenode,
and see updates on https://status.haskell.org

If you need to download something like a GHC binary or Haskell
Platform package, you can use https://downloads.haskell.org in the
mean time, which is a new service we were hoping to announce more
officially soon, but is already working today.

Unfortunately we cannot give an expected time of completion for the
move, but we'll try to keep people well informed through IRC or
something like Reddit.

Thanks

Austin Seipp, Haskell Consultant

Re: NOTE: the primary webserver is going down for immediate maintenance.

davean
At this time services are starting to come back.

The site is very slow due to a temporary patch while we improve the connection to the database server.
Please report issues other then slowness to the #haskell-infrastructure on Freenode.

Apologies for the interruption you were forced to experience.