Naming/Bikeshedding: Haskell version of Capybara

Naming/Bikeshedding: Haskell version of Capybara

Charles Strahan
A question for you all: what would be a good name for a Haskell version of Ruby's Capybara web testing framework?

I'm about to start hacking on some better web testing tools for Haskell, but I'm afraid I'm terrible at coming up with concise, revealing names for things.

Any suggestions would be very welcome!

-Charles

Re: Naming/Bikeshedding: Haskell version of Capybara

Carter Schonwald
hcapybara

webtestthingy

toomuchDOMTest

nodeHS.js -- powered by ghcjs

i kid i kid (been a long day hacking)

honestly, make up a dumb name, then ask for feedback after its ready for use by others, but before you push to hackage!

:)
-Carter

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 1:23 AM, Charles Strahan <[hidden email]> wrote:
A question for you all: what would be a good name for a Haskell version of Ruby's Capybara web testing framework?

I'm about to start hacking on some better web testing tools for Haskell, but I'm afraid I'm terrible at coming up with concise, revealing names for things.

Any suggestions would be very welcome!

-Charles

Re: Naming/Bikeshedding: Haskell version of Capybara

Lyndon Maydwell
happybara

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 4:30 PM, Carter Schonwald
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> hcapybara
>
> webtestthingy
>
> toomuchDOMTest
>
> nodeHS.js -- powered by ghcjs
>
> i kid i kid (been a long day hacking)
>

> honestly, make up a dumb name, then ask for feedback after its ready for use
> by others, but before you push to hackage!
>
> :)
> -Carter
>

> On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 1:23 AM, Charles Strahan
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> A question for you all: what would be a good name for a Haskell version of
>> Ruby's Capybara web testing framework?
>>
>> I'm about to start hacking on some better web testing tools for Haskell,
>> but I'm afraid I'm terrible at coming up with concise, revealing names for
>> things.
>>
>> Any suggestions would be very welcome!
>>
>> -Charles

Re: Naming/Bikeshedding: Haskell version of Capybara

Curtis Gagliardi
I second happybara.

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> hcapybara
>
> webtestthingy
>
> toomuchDOMTest
>
> nodeHS.js -- powered by ghcjs
>
> i kid i kid (been a long day hacking)
>

> honestly, make up a dumb name, then ask for feedback after its ready for use
> by others, but before you push to hackage!
>
> :)
> -Carter
>

> On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 1:23 AM, Charles Strahan
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> A question for you all: what would be a good name for a Haskell version of
>> Ruby's Capybara web testing framework?
>>
>> I'm about to start hacking on some better web testing tools for Haskell,
>> but I'm afraid I'm terrible at coming up with concise, revealing names for
>> things.
>>
>> Any suggestions would be very welcome!
>>
>> -Charles

Re: Naming/Bikeshedding: Haskell version of Capybara

Charles Strahan
Ha! I considered Hapybara/Happybara, but thought the cheese factor might have been to high.

Looks like I'll probably go with the latter :). Thanks!

-Charles

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> hcapybara
>
> webtestthingy
>
> toomuchDOMTest
>
> nodeHS.js -- powered by ghcjs
>
> i kid i kid (been a long day hacking)
>

> honestly, make up a dumb name, then ask for feedback after its ready for use
> by others, but before you push to hackage!
>
> :)
> -Carter
>

> On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 1:23 AM, Charles Strahan
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> A question for you all: what would be a good name for a Haskell version of
>> Ruby's Capybara web testing framework?
>>
>> I'm about to start hacking on some better web testing tools for Haskell,
>> but I'm afraid I'm terrible at coming up with concise, revealing names for
>> things.
>>
>> Any suggestions would be very welcome!
>>
>> -Charles

Re: Naming/Bikeshedding: Haskell version of Capybara

Michael Orlitzky
On 03/28/2014 01:23 AM, Charles Strahan wrote:
> A question for you all: what would be a good name for a Haskell version
> of Ruby's Capybara web testing framework?

The scientific name for the capybara is "hydrochoerus hydrochaeris."
That's TWO names that start with 'h'. Basically twice as many as one.