Naming of HEq_sc

Matthew Pickering
Hi all,

Does anyone know why the *record selector* `HEq_sc` started with a
capital letter?

Would it be sensible to rename it to start with a lower case letter
and perhaps mention that it is a selector in the name?

git grep "HEq_sc" doesn't yield any explanation, I could only work
this out from reading the source doe.

I propose "heq_sel" could be more self-explanatory.

Cheers,

Matt

Re: Naming of HEq_sc

Richard Eisenberg-4
This smells like my doing. My best guess is that I copied from Coercible_sc, just a bit further down in TysWiredIn. I don't think there's more rhyme or reason to the choice.

Richard

> On Dec 29, 2017, at 2:31 PM, Matthew Pickering <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone know why the *record selector* `HEq_sc` started with a
> capital letter?
>
> Would it be sensible to rename it to start with a lower case letter
> and perhaps mention that it is a selector in the name?
>
> git grep "HEq_sc" doesn't yield any explanation, I could only work
> this out from reading the source doe.
>
> I propose "heq_sel" could be more self-explanatory.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Matt

Re: Naming of HEq_sc

Matthew Pickering
Thanks Richard.

I created D4280 if anyone else wants to weigh in.

Matt