Need help understanding Ralf Hinze's Lifting Lemma, and its connection to the Transfer Principle

Need help understanding Ralf Hinze's Lifting Lemma, and its connection to the Transfer Principle

Brian Merchant
Hi all,

I am a student in mathematics exploring alternative ways in which the transfer principle ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transfer_principle ) can be proved.

I've found a paper by Ralf Hinze which I think is relevant: https://www.cs.ox.ac.uk/ralf.hinze/Lifting.pdf. However, I'd benefit from being able to talk to someone who understands the notation starting section 3 and onwards, as I am very much a Haskell newbie (everything I have learned, has been in the last 4 days, as I try to decipher this paper).

Would anyone be willing to have a conversation with me regarding this?

Kind regards,
Brian