New and improved ghc-in-ghci target

Matthew Pickering
Hi all,

My patch to improve the ghc-in-ghci target just got merged a few
minutes ago. Now from a clean tree it  only takes a few minutes to
launch the target. You can now load ghc into ghci by running the
following script:

./hadrian/ghci.sh

https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/tree/master/hadrian#fast-feedback-using-ghci

Please try it out and open tickets if there are any issues on your system.

Matt

Re: New and improved ghc-in-ghci target

Michael Sloan
Cool!  That's very nice that it only takes a few minutes from a clean tree.

I sometimes find it useful to also be able to run code from the repl.
Might be good to support both usage modes via hadrian.  Though,
perhaps it's sufficient to have both this and
`utils/ghc-in-ghci/run.sh`

-Michael