Not inheriting default Keybindings

Dave Macias
Hello everyone

been using xmonad for about 2 years now and it's great!
something that was mention resently on another mail was something about "default keybindings being inherited or overwritten"

That is actually what happens with my xmonad.hs. I have to manually code every default keybinding for them to work.

It would be nice to shrink the xmonad.hs file by inheriting the default keybindings but i have no clue what to change. Im assuming my issue is in 'main' or 'defaults'. I tested mod+shift+enter which should run 'myTerminal' but it does not :(

Here is a snippet of the config. Note that i pass 'hostname' down for perHost keybindings.

Thank you for the assistance

-dave

Re: Not inheriting default Keybindings

Bogdan Sinitsyn
You could use X.U.EZConfig for extending default keybindings instead of
making new ones.

On 02/02/2017 04:46 PM, Dave Macias wrote:

> Hello everyone
>
> been using xmonad for about 2 years now and it's great!
> something that was mention resently on another mail was something about
> "default keybindings being inherited or overwritten"
>
> That is actually what happens with my xmonad.hs. I have to manually code
> every default keybinding for them to work.
>
> It would be nice to shrink the xmonad.hs file by inheriting the default
> keybindings but i have no clue what to change. Im assuming my issue is
> in 'main' or 'defaults'. I tested mod+shift+enter which should run
> 'myTerminal' but it does not :(
>
> Here is a snippet of the config. Note that i pass 'hostname' down for
> perHost keybindings.
>
> http://pastebin.com/Msec53xJ
>
> Thank you for the assistance
>
> -dave

Bogdan Sinitsyn

Re: Not inheriting default Keybindings

Dave Macias
After much trial and error i was able to implement
Thanks for the tip!

-dave