Opening text editor

John Vitale
I have downloaded and installed... and reinstalled winhugs to my computer.. it works fine but the text editor that opens up by default is notepad... does winhugs come with a text editor of it's own?  If so what is it?  if not what would you suggest?  My university has a completely different text editor when i use it there and i would love to have that same thing for here.

Re: Opening text editor

Daniel Fischer-4
Am Sonntag 27 September 2009 01:16:12 schrieb John Vitale:
> I have downloaded and installed... and reinstalled winhugs to my computer..
> it works fine but the text editor that opens up by default is notepad...
> does winhugs come with a text editor of it's own?  If so what is it?  if
> not what would you suggest?  My university has a completely different text
> editor when i use it there and i would love to have that same thing for
> here.

There must be a way to set the default editor. I don't know how WinHugs behaves, though
it's probably the same as Hugs.
The default default-editor there is what your EDITOR environment variable says (may be
called slightly differently on Windows).
You can change that by

:set -E/usr/bin/myeditor

(on Windows, more likely
:set -E"C:\Programs and Applications\ed")

in (win)hugs.
That isn't permanent, however, so you'd want to put that line into your ~/.hugs
(~/.winhugs) file so that the editor is set on every startup.
Or change the environment variable to your preferred editor (a reasonable thing to do
anyway).