Package take-over: postgresql-libpq and postgresql-simple

Package take-over: postgresql-libpq and postgresql-simple

Oleg Grenrus
I'd like to take over  of the packages postgresql-simple and
postgresql-libpq.

We (me and other hackage trustees) tried to contact Leon on various
occasions during this year (from around GHC-8.4.1 release until recent
NMU of postgresql-simple) also offering to be a co-maintainers. These
are important packages for the ecosystem, so I'd like to take them over.

Short term goals are
- to release new major version of postgresql-simple: it accumulated many
things in the master, as well as there are open PRs
- find co-maintainers

Best regards,
Oleg Grenrus

Re: Package take-over: postgresql-libpq and postgresql-simple

Bardur Arantsson-2
On 2018-06-12 16:14, David Feuer wrote:
> According to GitHub, Leon Smith last reviewed a PR to postgresql-simple
> two weeks ago. That seems to suggest he has not entirely dropped off the
> face of the Earth. Perhaps he can be prodded more aggressively to make a
> release or add a co-maintainer

+1, adding Oleg as a co-maintainer would be a good outcome, IMO.

I would volunteer myself, but I fear that I might be too much of a Move
Fast and Break Compilation of Things person. (I have some ideas about
better handling of quoting, etc. that I think I've aired on the issue
tracker.)