Package takeover: indents

Jasper Van der Jeugt-2
The indents [1] package provides a very simple way to create
indentation-aware parsers with Parsec.

Unfortunately, it does not compose very well (the user cannot use a
custom monad anymore), and there are several bugs in it, for example
this pretty bad one [2].  I have patches that has been running in
production at Fugue [3] for over a year which fixes all of these
issues, while keeping a fully compatible API.

I have tried contacting the author (CC'ed) over a year ago (June 2015)
but I haven't received a response.  The latest package upload is from
May, 2012.  I would like to take over this package so I can share the
fixes.

[1]: https://hackage.haskell.org/package/indents
[2]: http://lpaste.net/344393
[3]: https://fugue.co/

Regards,
Jasper

Re: Package takeover: indents

Yitzchak Gale
Jasper Van der Jeugt wrote:

>> The indents package...  I have patches...
>> I have tried contacting the author (CC'ed) over a year ago (June 2015)
>> but I haven't received a response.  The latest package upload is from
>> May, 2012.  I would like to take over this package so I can share the
>> fixes.

There is a different email address (CC'ed) on github for a person
with the same name as the author of that package. Github shows
that person to be an active member of the Haskell community.
So if that's the author, it's probably a case of an abandoned
email address, not an abandoned package. Let's wait a bit
to see if there is a response.

Thanks,
Yitz

I wrote:
>> There is a different email address... Let's wait a bit
>> to see if there is a response.

I did receive a response:

> I have not updated that package or checked that email
> in quite some time. I would be quite happy to give away
> ownership of the indents package, as I have no intention
> of maintaining it, and haven't updated it years. I am not
> subscribed to the Haskell Cafe mailing list, but I'll check
> out the thread.

Regards,
Yitz

Re: Package takeover: indents

Jasper Van der Jeugt-2
Thank you for relaying that.  In that case, I will take over the
package soon to fix the issues.

Kind regards,
Jasper