Parallel Profiling

Dominic Steinitz-2
Does anyone know of any tools for analysing parallel program performance?

I am trying to use threadscope but it keeps crashing with my 100M log file and ghc-events-analyze is not going to help as I have many hundreds of threads all carrying out the same computation. I think I’d like a library that would allow me to construct my own analyses rather than display them via GTK. There is ghc-events but that seems to be just for parsing the logs and I couldn’t find anything that used it in the way I would like to (apart from threadscope and ghc-events-analyze of course).

Thanks

Dominic Steinitz
[hidden email]
http://idontgetoutmuch.wordpress.com

Re: [Haskell-cafe] Parallel Profiling

Dominic Steinitz-2
Hi Amos,

Thanks very much - I am taking a look.

On 30 Mar 2015, at 22:05, Amos Robinson <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Dominic,

A few years ago we wrote a program for analysing DPH runs, dph-event-seer. It provides a few general analyses like percent of time with N threads running, time between wake-ups etc. You might find it interesting, but I haven't actually looked at ghc-events-analyse, so I don't know what it provides.

I'm sorry, but to compile it without DPH you'd have to modify it to remove DphOps*.