Please help complete `.mailmap`

Herbert Valerio Riedel
Hello *,

I've been trying to (re)construct a .mailmap file[1] in ghc.git which
allows `git shortlog` and `git log --use-mailmap` (and possibly other
tools/commands) to fixup bogus author-ids when displaying the Git
history, in the hopes to provide a more complete history of GHC and all
contributors involved.

I've been able to infer mappings for most users, but I'm stuck on a
couple of older account usernames dating back a decade ago for which I
have no idea what real names to associate with. These are specifically:

  $ git shortlog -es | grep unknown
    16 apt <unknown>
     1 cryder <unknown>
    13 desrt <unknown>
     8 dnt <unknown>
     1 geoffw <unknown>
    12 gla <unknown>
     3 josefs <unknown>
     5 krc <unknown>
     1 kw <unknown>
     5 kw217 <unknown>
     1 mbs <unknown>
     1 moran <unknown>
     3 njn <unknown>
     8 ralf <unknown>
    11 rje <unknown>
     1 sseefried <unknown>
     1 tgedell <unknown>
     1 uid245 <unknown>
     1 umuta <unknown>
     1 y.zhuang5 at lse.ac.uk <unknown>

If you happen to know who these past contributors are, please either
tell me or update [1] accordingly. Moreover, if you stumble over any
wrong entry in [1], feel free to correct it.

Thanks,
  hvr

 [1] http://git.haskell.org/ghc.git/blob/HEAD:/.mailmap

PS: If anyone's curious, the top-5 committers in ghc.git are currently:

  $ git shortlog -sn | head -n5
    8513 Simon Marlow
    5368 Simon Peyton Jones
    4629 Ian Lynagh
    2633 Sigbjorn Finne
     941 Julian Seward

Please help complete `.mailmap`

Simon Peyton Jones
apt: Andrew Tolmach
josefs: Josef Svenningsson
kw, kw217: Keith Wansbrough

Simon

Erik de Castro Lopo-34
Herbert Valerio Riedel wrote:

> Hello *,
>
> I've been trying to (re)construct a .mailmap file[1] in ghc.git which
> allows `git shortlog` and `git log --use-mailmap` (and possibly other
> tools/commands) to fixup bogus author-ids when displaying the Git
> history, in the hopes to provide a more complete history of GHC and all
> contributors involved.
>
> I've been able to infer mappings for most users, but I'm stuck on a
> couple of older account usernames dating back a decade ago for which I
> have no idea what real names to associate with. These are specifically:

<snip>

>      1 sseefried <unknown>

Sean Seefried, CC-ed.

Cheers,
Erik
Erik de Castro Lopo
http://www.mega-nerd.com/

Please help complete `.mailmap`

Ben Lippmeier-2

On 10/12/2013, at 20:34 , Herbert Valerio Riedel <hvr at gnu.org> wrote:

> Hello *,
>
> I've been trying to (re)construct a .mailmap file[1]

>     1 moran <unknown>

This is probably Andy Adams-Moran, from Galois.

Ben.