Poll: Do you want a mascot?

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
29 messages Options
12
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Poll: Do you want a mascot?

heathmatlock
Question: Do you want a mascot? 

Answers:
Yes
No


--
This is an attempt to figure out if this idea is going anywhere.

_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Poll: Do you want a mascot?

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
No

On 24 November 2011 06:11, heathmatlock <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Question: Do you want a mascot?
> Answers:
> Yes
> No
>
> --
> This is an attempt to figure out if this idea is going anywhere.
> _______________________________________________
> Haskell-Cafe mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
>
>



--
Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
[hidden email]
IvanMiljenovic.wordpress.com

_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Poll: Do you want a mascot?

MigMit
In reply to this post by heathmatlock
No

On 23 Nov 2011, at 23:11, heathmatlock wrote:

> Question: Do you want a mascot?
>
> Answers:
> Yes
> No
>
>
> --
> This is an attempt to figure out if this idea is going anywhere.
> _______________________________________________
> Haskell-Cafe mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe


_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Poll: Do you want a mascot?

Scott Lawrence
No

--
Scott Lawrence

_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Poll: Do you want a mascot?

Gábor Lehel
In reply to this post by heathmatlock
I don't want a bad mascot. I do want a good mascot.

If you must count me down for one side or the other, count this as a yes.

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 8:11 PM, heathmatlock <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Question: Do you want a mascot?
> Answers:
> Yes
> No
>
> --
> This is an attempt to figure out if this idea is going anywhere.
> _______________________________________________
> Haskell-Cafe mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
>
>



--
Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively.

_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Poll: Do you want a mascot?

José Pedro Magalhães
In reply to this post by heathmatlock
Yes

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 19:11, heathmatlock <[hidden email]> wrote:
Question: Do you want a mascot? 

Answers:
Yes
No


--
This is an attempt to figure out if this idea is going anywhere.

_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe



_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Poll: Do you want a mascot?

Alexander Bernauer
In reply to this post by heathmatlock
Yes

PS: Why not using Doodle for the poll?

_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe

signature.asc (205 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Poll: Do you want a mascot?

Thomas Davie
Yes








Reasoning:
Haskell has the image of being unfriendly, assenine, filled with crazy symbols, and the dreaded MATHS!  A mascot would say "you know what, this is fun!"
if (*ra4 != 0xffc78948) { return false; }

On 23 Nov 2011, at 19:40, Alexander Bernauer wrote:

Yes

PS: Why not using Doodle for the poll?
_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe


_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Poll: Do you want a mascot?

heathmatlock
In reply to this post by Alexander Bernauer
On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 1:40 PM, Alexander Bernauer <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yes

PS: Why not using Doodle for the poll?

Email is an easy way to make sure nobody votes twice.
 

-- 
Heath Matlock
+1 256 274 4225

_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Poll: Do you want a mascot?

Alejandro Serrano Mena
Yes

2011/11/23 heathmatlock <[hidden email]>
On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 1:40 PM, Alexander Bernauer <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yes

PS: Why not using Doodle for the poll?

Email is an easy way to make sure nobody votes twice.
 

-- 
Heath Matlock
<a href="tel:%2B1%20256%20274%204225" value="+12562744225" target="_blank">+1 256 274 4225

_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe



_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Poll: Do you want a mascot?

paul r-2
In reply to this post by heathmatlock
Yes

If some people don't like it, they won't use it.

I doubt it will find its way in highly technical haskell core team, but
it could appear for fun here and there in web material. For example,
I think we could have 3 variants of it, reflecting the haskell level
(beginner, confirmed, guru). Whenever someone writes an article about
Haskell, (s)he could place one of them at the top of the page to
immediatly show the target audience.

> Question: Do you want a mascot?  Answers: Yes No

--
  Paul

_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Poll: Do you want a mascot?

Karol Samborski
In reply to this post by heathmatlock
2011/11/23 heathmatlock <[hidden email]>:

> Question: Do you want a mascot?
> Answers:
> Yes
> No
>
> --
> This is an attempt to figure out if this idea is going anywhere.
> _______________________________________________
> Haskell-Cafe mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
>
>

Yes.

Best,
Karol Samborski

_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Poll: Do you want a mascot?

Alberto G. Corona
In reply to this post by Alejandro Serrano Mena
 ((((    
{^_^}   
  |||   


2011/11/23 Alejandro Serrano Mena <[hidden email]>
Yes

2011/11/23 heathmatlock <[hidden email]>
On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 1:40 PM, Alexander Bernauer <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yes

PS: Why not using Doodle for the poll?

Email is an easy way to make sure nobody votes twice.
 

-- 
Heath Matlock
<a href="tel:%2B1%20256%20274%204225" value="+12562744225" target="_blank">+1 256 274 4225

_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe



_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe



_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Poll: Do you want a mascot?

Erik de Castro Lopo-34
In reply to this post by heathmatlock
heathmatlock wrote:

> Question: Do you want a mascot?

No.

I also really think this poll should have been in a web
site somewhere and not on this list.

Erik
--
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Erik de Castro Lopo
http://www.mega-nerd.com/

_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Poll: Do you want a mascot?

Conrad Parker
I wouldn't mind getting a lamb-astronaut tshirt with a lambda-bind
logo on it for my kid, and maybe next month a lion-skateboarder with a
lambda-bind on his deck, and then maybe something with a dinosaur.

I guess I don't really want a mascot either, but I like this artwork.

Conrad.

On 24 November 2011 06:18, Erik de Castro Lopo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> heathmatlock wrote:
>
>> Question: Do you want a mascot?
>
> No.
>
> I also really think this poll should have been in a web
> site somewhere and not on this list.
>
> Erik
> --
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> Erik de Castro Lopo
> http://www.mega-nerd.com/
>
> _______________________________________________
> Haskell-Cafe mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
>

_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Poll: Do you want a mascot?

Jeroen Weijers-3
Yes

2011/11/24 Conrad Parker <[hidden email]>:

> I wouldn't mind getting a lamb-astronaut tshirt with a lambda-bind
> logo on it for my kid, and maybe next month a lion-skateboarder with a
> lambda-bind on his deck, and then maybe something with a dinosaur.
>
> I guess I don't really want a mascot either, but I like this artwork.
>
> Conrad.
>
> On 24 November 2011 06:18, Erik de Castro Lopo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> heathmatlock wrote:
>>
>>> Question: Do you want a mascot?
>>
>> No.
>>
>> I also really think this poll should have been in a web
>> site somewhere and not on this list.
>>
>> Erik
>> --
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>> Erik de Castro Lopo
>> http://www.mega-nerd.com/
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Haskell-Cafe mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
>>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Haskell-Cafe mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
>

_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Poll: Do you want a mascot?

Colin Adams
In reply to this post by heathmatlock
No.

On 23 November 2011 19:11, heathmatlock <[hidden email]> wrote:
Question: Do you want a mascot? 

Answers:
Yes
No


--
This is an attempt to figure out if this idea is going anywhere.

_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe



_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Poll: Do you want a mascot?

Yves Parès
Yes.

2011/11/24 Colin Adams <[hidden email]>
No.

On 23 November 2011 19:11, heathmatlock <[hidden email]> wrote:
Question: Do you want a mascot? 

Answers:
Yes
No


--
This is an attempt to figure out if this idea is going anywhere.

_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe



_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe



_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Poll: Do you want a mascot?

Wolfgang Jeltsch-2
In reply to this post by heathmatlock
No.

Am Mittwoch, den 23.11.2011, 13:11 -0600 schrieb heathmatlock:

> Question: Do you want a mascot?
>
>
> Answers:
> Yes
> No
>
>
>
>
> --
> This is an attempt to figure out if this idea is going anywhere.
> _______________________________________________
> Haskell-Cafe mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe



_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Poll: Do you want a mascot?

Victor Nazarov-2
In reply to this post by Gábor Lehel
I have the same position. want a good mascot... Count this as yes.

2011/11/23 Gábor Lehel <[hidden email]>:

> I don't want a bad mascot. I do want a good mascot.
>
> If you must count me down for one side or the other, count this as a yes.
>
> On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 8:11 PM, heathmatlock <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Question: Do you want a mascot?
>> Answers:
>> Yes
>> No
>>
>> --
>> This is an attempt to figure out if this idea is going anywhere.
>> _______________________________________________
>> Haskell-Cafe mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
>>
>>
>
>
>
> --
> Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively.
>
> _______________________________________________
> Haskell-Cafe mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
>



--
Victor Nazarov

_______________________________________________
Haskell-Cafe mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
12